Would we qualify...

pbs14

Final payment for your cruise is 75 days prior. I can see by your countdown you're at 73 so the answer is no, you would not be credited if the price dropped...

:)

They purchased there cruise as past guests not early saver. Early saver is when you would get OBC when prices drop....:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! Our phonelines are all down due to the earthquake, so I just send our PVP an email. We live in northern VA----everyone is AOK! Still cruise planning...:p

Worth a shot to ask though!

We did the same thing last year, booked past guest then the prices dropped the day after final payment, we called our VERY wonderful PVP and she said she couldnt credit us but she did upgrade us to a premium balcony from a regular balcony room so it was worth the call! Good luck :)

It never hurts to ask! Just to prove my point let me tell you briefly what happened to me. Last cruise was a short notice booking, 30 days out. Called and booked, and paid in full. Done deal, right? Wrong! I have two other cruises I check on for price drops because they were booked ES. Punched in the Glory for grins and giggles a few days before deoarture, saw a $7.20pp price drop. Adrenalin kicks in, brain stops functioning, and I instantly pulled up the form to request OBC, sent it off and sat back proud as a peacock that I had 'caught' it! Took me about an hour and a half, lying in bed thinking about how many ways I can spend my whole $14.40 in credit :rolleyes: and it suddenly hit me! I didn't book ES! OMG, Carnival is going to get a good laugh off that one! Ended up sending another form in with a comment in the notes section that I had screwed up, and I apologized for bothering them. Fast forward to the ship on debarkation day when I got my S&S bill, and there was a mysterios credit on my account for.....you guessed it, $14.40!:eek: I was stunned!!! Carnival went up a few notches in my book!!!:D

Like I said, it never hurts to ask!!:D

It never hurts to ask! Just to prove my point let me tell you briefly what happened to me. Last cruise was a short notice booking, 30 days out. Called and booked, and paid in full. Done deal, right? Wrong! I have two other cruises I check on for price drops because they were booked ES. Punched in the Glory for grins and giggles a few days before deoarture, saw a $7.20pp price drop. Adrenalin kicks in, brain stops functioning, and I instantly pulled up the form to request OBC, sent it off and sat back proud as a peacock that I had 'caught' it! Took me about an hour and a half, lying in bed thinking about how many ways I can spend my whole $14.40 in credit :rolleyes: and it suddenly hit me! I didn't book ES! OMG, Carnival is going to get a good laugh off that one! Ended up sending another form in with a comment in the notes section that I had screwed up, and I apologized for bothering them. Fast forward to the ship on debarkation day when I got my S&S bill, and there was a mysterios credit on my account for.....you guessed it, $14.40!:eek: I was stunned!!! Carnival went up a few notches in my book!!!:D

Nice, I guess it never hurts like you said. :)

They purchased there cruise as past guests not early saver. Early saver is when you would get OBC when prices drop....:rolleyes:

Regardless of fare booked, if the price drops before final payment and you call and ask for the new price, you will get it (even if you already paid in full). Early saver is really for adjusting the price after final payment.

Booking as Past Guest allows rate reductions to be awarded up to the date of final payment. Booking Early Saver allows that price protection to be continued until two days prior to departure. Once past final payment should a rate reduction be noted it's given as OBC to those booked Early Saver.

:rolleyes:

It could have been the difference in govt fees and taxes... they change often... Carnival will give you credit it for it when you are on the ship, but will not adjust the price before sailing if it is due to the taxes and fees... several times I have gotten the difference back...

I didn't get the full difference in OBC, but feel really good about what we did get!!! I will ALWAYS call my PVP now in the future!!!

Nope--never hurts to ask!!! Thanks for the advice!!!

After a pretty strangely awful day with an earthquake and pending hurricane...OBC and a glass of wine made it ALL better!! :D:D

Thanks again!!! LOVE this board!!!

OP, since you had just booked, you would have qualified for this:

Carnival's 110% Best Price Guarantee:

• You'll have 48 hours from the time you book to find a lower price

• Carnival will give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit

• Best Price Guarantee only applies to publicly available rates

:)

It could have been the difference in govt fees and taxes... they change often... Carnival will give you credit it for it when you are on the ship, but will not adjust the price before sailing if it is due to the taxes and fees... several times I have gotten the difference back...

I dont think thats right. Taxes and fees went down for our 2012 Magic cruise, and we got the difference back already.

We're in a similar situation: paid in full yesterday under Past Guest rate. 4 hours later, rates dropped $100. Final payment date is August 27. Booked direct with Carnival. I've emailed the (Int'l) reservations department asking for reduction or OBC. See how it goes.

I find it strange that the (Carnival) reservations agent I spoke to yesterday didn't mention the upcoming sale. We'd happily waited a couple of hours to make the payment.

I just found an $80 price drop for the 3 of us going on the Ecstasy cruise in a few weeks.

I called a carnival PVP and she said that since it was past the final payment deadline we could not get the OBC. We are paid in full.

We booked early saver. Is this right? I thought we could apply for the lower fare up to 2 days before sailing.

I sent in a price protection form anyway just in case.

Archived