Hair dryers on the Island Princess

CenTexGal

Sailing next week on the Island and trying to find out if the hairdryers are the kind where you have to hold down the on button the whole time it is being used. If that is the case, I will take my own, but don't want to if I can keep from it.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

They are the square end type fixed to the wall that you find in many low cost and middle cost hotel rooms. They are located next to the dressing table in the cabins. Not too powerful, but you don't have to hold down a button to get them to work.

Sailing next week on the Island and trying to find out if the hairdryers are the kind where you have to hold down the on button the whole time it is being used. If that is the case, I will take my own, but don't want to if I can keep from it.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

All Princess ships have hairdryers with on and off switch. If you have very long or thick hair it will take a long time to dry. The airflow output is not very strong and you will take a longer time to dry you hair then with with your home dryer.

Thanks for the info folks just added my dryer to the packing list! (I am not overly fussy but I do have very very thick hair which apparently i should be grateful for but only see it as a dam nuisance) With added humidity a good dryer is definatly an essential on my list!

Cheers

Melissa

Hi, I'm just off the Island Princess. I have fine, shoulder length hair and found the hair dryer took forever to dry my hair......if you have the space, i would definitely bring your own dryer....however, that was just not in the cards for an Alaskan Cruise.....needed too many layers!

They are a 1500W basic hairdryer with an on/off switch, hot/cool and low/high. Adequate for most people.

Hi: Is it: 1200 watt on/off OR is it `500 W on/off/hot/cool/low/high?:confused:

I'd appreciate the accurate info so I can determine if I need to bring mine. Hate to bring mine, as I'm flying.

Thanks.

Brought mine on RCI this past Nov..and it died, so I had to use their dryer with the "hold down button". I survived :-)

Thanks again

Hi: Is it: 1200 watt on/off OR is it `500 W on/off/hot/cool/low/high?:confused:

I'd appreciate the accurate info so I can determine if I need to bring mine. Hate to bring mine, as I'm flying.

Thanks.

Brought mine on RCI this past Nov..and it died, so I had to use their dryer with the "hold down button". I survived :-)

Thanks again

It's 1,200 watts with a hi/low/cool setting but I doubt if anyone actually uses the low setting. It's not to powerful but it does work.

Probably a dumb question, but if someone brought a super-powerful, high watt one, would it cause a problem with the outlet(s)?

Not too dumb a question:o!

Several years ago when we were on the Carnival Destiny for the first time, I blew out the power TWICE by using my own dryer!

Archived