Weather for NE/Canada cruise in early May?

I'm considering the Maasdam repositioning cruise next spring. It departs Ft. Lauderdale on April 26, and arrives in Montreal on May 12.

Is the weather usually cold and/or rainy that time of year? I don't mind drizzles or a light rain, but if there's a likelihood of temps in the 40s and steady rain for several of the days, then the cruise seems much less enticing.

I love beautiful scenery, but I want to be able to see and enjoy it!

Has anyone taken this cruise? Would you recommend it, or is it better to wait until later in the season (or plan instead on the fall repositioning back to Ft. Lauderdale?)?

TIA!

Ruth

We went on the May 14 cruise and it rained cats and dogs in Bar Harbor, Halifax and Sydney. It was mid 50s. It was sunny but still cool in Charlottetown--about higher 60s. Quebec started out cool but really warmed up to the low 70s. Montreal was sunny and mid-to upper 70s.

Of course, who knows what the weather will be when you go. Just remember to layer!

We went on the May 14 cruise and it rained cats and dogs in Bar Harbor, Halifax and Sydney. It was mid 50s. It was sunny but still cool in Charlottetown--about higher 60s. Quebec started out cool but really warmed up to the low 70s. Montreal was sunny and mid-to upper 70s.

Of course, who knows what the weather will be when you go. Just remember to layer!

Yikes (and Ugh!)!

And yet for some odd reason, I find that I still haven't ruled out booking this cruise... :confused::eek::D

Thanks, everyone for your help and info! I don't think there's any urgency to booking anytime very soon, so I'll keep mulling it over for a while.

In the meantime, I'm keeping an open mind (a forewarned open mind :-), and will be checking to see if anyone posts more info, opinions, or experiences.

Thanks, and enjoy the weekend!

Ruth

Archived