16 day south america cruise question

ckr31

has anyone ever done the 16 day princess Andes on the star princess i would like to know the pro's and con's of this cruise and would you do it again.

this cruise starts in chile and goes to.Peru,Ecuador,costa rico,Nicaaragua,mexico

has anyone ever done the 16 day princess Andes on the star princess i would like to know the pro's and con's of this cruise and would you do it again.

this cruise starts in chile and goes to.Peru,Ecuador,costa rico,Nicaaragua,mexico

If you're talking about the Santiago to San Francisco cruise next March, I can't think of any cons. There's a HUGE roll call planning lots of activities. Some people don't like that many sea days but there will be plenty to do for most. Here's a link to the Roll Call. Be prepared... there are already over 3,600 posts on 92 pages: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1309036 There's a 2nd roll call for the same cruise, also with lots of posts: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1311864

i've done this cruise on the star beginning in los angeles going to santiago, and the one after it from santiago to rio. all of the ports were new for me so i had a great time. i don't see any 'cons' and would absolutely do it again. it was an eye-opening cruise seeing a world i couldn't even imagine. i saw such poverty, yet the people were cheerful, the children well cared for. the families don't need many possessions to be happy. i came home appreciating so much what i have. and that is one of the beauties of travel.

I was on the same cruise as cdngirl. The ports between Mexico and Santiago only get a few cruise ships per year as the ships reposition. In Costa Rica we did a jungle river excursion, in Nicurauga went to an active volcano, in Ecuador went to a mini Galapagos area and the other ports did city tours.

I would not do it again but would definetly recommend it for anyone wanting to see ports not many people get to see - if you like scenery and culture go for it, if you are looking for beaches forget it.

It is a long flight down to start. If you have the time its a great trip around the Horn - worth considering adding the previous cruise starting on the east coast - makes a great once in a lifetime cruise.

Archived