PLease explain price drops - Past Guest pricing

HPEmom

I would like someone to give me a crash course on checking for price drops. We have 2 adjoining balcony cabins (8C - I believe) for the Dream 12/17/11. One cabin for 2 people is a military rate, the other cabin for 3 people is a past guest rate (difference is the past guest is $10 more pp).

When looking at the booking fare viewer, what am I looking for? It reads for example Category 8G (upgrade from 8A) and a total price for 3pp, cruise only. There were no rates for category 8Cs. So does that mean no upgrade or credit available? Is the cruise only language just the base cruise price withOUT the port taxes and fees?

I just need to know what I am looking for when hunting for the elusive price drop or OBC:).

Thanks in advance for the help!

You arent going to ever get any OBC Im sorry.

You can get price drops until final payement, but they will just lower your price.

You do need to price match to your category, or upgrade to the category with the lower prices .. or you can pay the difference (if its very small sometimes its worth paying $20 pp to upgrade).

Generally this is how it works.. carnival seems to be doing whatever they want lately. You generally have to price match specifically to only your category.

You can get price drops until final payement, but they will just lower your price.

You do need to price match to your category, or upgrade to the category with the lower prices .. or you can pay the difference (if its very small sometimes its worth paying $20 pp to upgrade).

Generally this is how it works.. carnival seems to be doing whatever they want lately. You generally have to price match specifically to only your category.

What Fire said...because you did not book Early Saver but past guest & military.

OP, we booked Military our first cruise and PG on our current one. Both times we noticed a price drops, usually during the 72 hr sales. On both occasions I called my PVP and we had a choice of a reduction in our cruise rate, if prior to Final Payment or an upgraded cabin. You will not however receive any OBC. It can get confusing trying to read all of the upgrades and catagories, this is why I use a great PVP that I can trust will have my best interest at hand. Call Carnival and see what they can do for you, you may be pleasantly surprised. Good Luck. :)

I can certainly confirm this. We booked ES in an 8E and received OBC price matching to an 8C.

I have no idea why, but I'll take it. There were no cabins left in our category. We originally submitted a form trying to match to a category higher than ours which was lower than what we paid. Carnival came back with more than what we asked for.

As you say, whatever they want ;)

Archived