Carribean on Victory and the seas??

Harbie

We have only cruised one other time and that was Carnival Splendor in the Baja/Mexico October 2010; The water was not rough at all. However we are going on the Victory-Southern Carribean in January 2012 and I was wondering if the water will be or can be rough of this cruise?

We have only cruised one other time and that was Carnival Splendor in the Baja/Mexico October 2010; The water was not rough at all. However we are going on the Victory-Southern Carribean in January 2012 and I was wondering if the water will be or can be rough of this cruise?

Can it be? Yes

Will it be, nobody really knows

Depends on the motion of the ocean

I have had some as smooth as glass, some not so much

We sailed Victory last September (yes..hurricane season) and even though we could not stop at St. Marten due to a tropical storm, it was basically smooth sailing all the way. I wouldn't worry about sailing in January. ;) We're booked on Serenade to sail from San Juan the week after you!

This is a great itinerary for beach lovers. We have done it twice before. However, it is rumored the ship has had norovirus issues, including our last Victory cruise of 12/09. No self serve buffet, no condiments on tables, bathroom doors blocked open, carpet cleaning everywhere, announcements about hand washing at 15 minute intervals. A few months later we met a former performer from the Victory on another ship. She confirmed the issues and was grateful to no longer be assigned there. Now we are having second thoughts because we are booked for this December on the Victory again. Does anyone have any recent positive or negative experiences on this ship?

Did the southern Carib tour in Nov 07 on the Destiny and on the Golden Princess. Dec. 05 And on the NCL Sky DEC. 03

Will be on the Victory for the Jan 15 cruise You will never know about the weather On the 07 cruise the last two days were rough. But the other cruises were nice. To be class as rough water There must be about 10 to 12 ft waves and with the stableizers out it makes a smoother cruise

Harbie When are you going to get on the cruise Roll call

Paul

We were on her this past January with no issues at all. No chair hogs, spots in the Serenity Lounge, nice buffet................

If you get Victoria and Ivan in the MDR you will be thrilled.:D

Just a note, if you stop and shop St Thomas TV. Don't wait to buy something cause it might be better in the next port. The TV in St Thomas was the nicest. I sadly snoozed and loosed on this cause I'm cheap.:rolleyes:

Archived