5 Star Experience on the Star Princess - Mediterranean & Greek Islands - Aug 10 - 22

homeinboca

I have just finished reading all of your wonderful review. It has brought back so many wonderful memories of our visits to Europe over the years and the many places we have visited.

Your writing is so exciting to read and it conveys such vivid pictures of what you have seen. I especially enjoyed your descriptions of Venice and the Doges Palace etc. We too visited Venice for the first time when we were in our early fifties and even though we toured those buildings way back in 1994, your writing has reminded us of our first visit to Italy and how we kept on pinching ourselves as we couldn't believe we were there.

Thanks for the memories.

Jennie

Thanks so much Aussie Gal, we met some wonderful people from Australia on our cruise, and enjoyed spending time with them.

Thank you so much for your review. It was so positive & refreshing. We will be doing this itinerary in 40 days and are excited beyond belief! Although we have traveled a lot, we have never been to Italy & Greece. It seems that we are doing most of the same things that you did. I can only hope that we have the same wonderful experience that you did. (although I can't imagine NOT having a wonderful time on ANY trip!!)

Thank you for your comments! I know you will have an amazing time, it's such a great itinerary.

Bellissimo...Grazie Mille! Wonderful...Many Thanks! :D

This will help us so much with planning our cruise next year to the ports that you so generously took the time to share with all of us...just amazing!

Thanks so much Astro Flyer. I hope you have a great time on your trip!

Our STAR cruise on almost the same itinerary was in June from Venice to Rome. It was as near perfect as yours with a six day visit in Rome pre-cruise, a train ride to Venice on Saturday and a sailaway on Sunday aftrenoon. Not having done the sail in to Venice i must say I would repeat a sailaway. It was a destination in itself. Our weather for three solid weeks was perfect. We did Dubrovnik rather than Split and also Rhodes and Turkey. A very busy itinerary with only one sea day. Like you we did the Crown and Sabatinis but also the Chef's Table. Friends are doing the same itineray on the RUBY in September and are really looking forward. This is a winning cruise!!!

Our STAR cruise on almost the same itinerary was in June from Venice to Rome. It was as near perfect as yours with a six day visit in Rome pre-cruise, a train ride to Venice on Saturday and a sailaway on Sunday aftrenoon. Not having done the sail in to Venice i must say I would repeat a sailaway. It was a destination in itself. Our weather for three solid weeks was perfect. We did Dubrovnik rather than Split and also Rhodes and Turkey. A very busy itinerary with only one sea day. Like you we did the Crown and Sabatinis but also the Chef's Table. Friends are doing the same itineray on the RUBY in September and are really looking forward. This is a winning cruise!!!

Thanks for your comments, it is a great itinerary. We met some people that did back to back. That would be really great!

I hope you were ok with Irene in Halifax.

We are on the Ruby TA out of Venice in October visiting some of the same ports. Was so glad to here how good AP Tours was in Naples. We have booked this exact tour thru them so are now doubly excited! Thanks for all the info!

We are on the Ruby TA out of Venice in October visiting some of the same ports. Was so glad to here how good AP Tours was in Naples. We have booked this exact tour thru them so are now doubly excited! Thanks for all the info!

Hear, not here........Sorry:o

Thank you so much for your wonderful review I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I appreciate that you went into detail on all the ports. We are doing the Venice/Rome cruise in a few weeks and I am very excited and hoping that all my research will have paid off. It sounds like we picked a winner with AP Tours!

Thanks goinsoon, AP Tours was perfect, very professional and first class all the way. You never know when booking private excursions, but this one was a winner! Have a great time on the Ruby.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I appreciate that you went into detail on all the ports. We are doing the Venice/Rome cruise in a few weeks and I am very excited and hoping that all my research will have paid off. It sounds like we picked a winner with AP Tours!

Thanks somogirl, I know you will have a great cruise in a few weeks, it should be a little quieter and cooler. Enjoy your time with AP Tours, they are great!

Wow, what a great idea with the i-phone, a very special moment I'm sure, your wife is one lucky lady!

Thanks for sharing all of this with the rest of us, it was almost like being on board again.

I hope that you enjoy cruising for many years to come.

Thank you Linda, I keep reminding my wife she is one lucky lady, and I'm one lucky guy to be sharing life with her!

We certainly hope to be doing many more cruises for many more years!

Well, thanks a lot homeinboca.:rolleyes:

My wife read your review and she put me to work the last two days doing research online!!!

And this after just recuperating from the effects of Hurricane Irene.

Only kidding. Your review was fantastic, and seriously it made us both consider making our next cruise a Med cruise.

Thank you for taking the time for being so detailed - we felt like we were traveling with you.

Our only worry is that our cruise won't be as "perfect" as yours was!:)

Well, thanks a lot homeinboca.:rolleyes:

My wife read your review and she put me to work the last two days doing research online!!!

And this after just recuperating from the effects of Hurricane Irene.

Only kidding. Your review was fantastic, and seriously it made us both consider making our next cruise a Med cruise.

Thank you for taking the time for being so detailed - we felt like we were traveling with you.

Our only worry is that our cruise won't be as "perfect" as yours was!:)

Thanks, we_like_to_cruise, doing the research is half the fun, almost! I hope you are ok, post-Irene and if you decide on a Med cruise, I hope it will be a fantastic experience for you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

OMG I just read about the first day of your cruise and have lots of questions already. I certainly hope you can help me in having the same wonderful experiences you did.

Can you send me info for Tours of Sorrento ?

would you care to share how much you paid for tour and how many people on tour?

How did you book the lunch at La Tagliata? What was the cost?

Did you pay extra for the private guide in Pompeii or was that part of the tour? I'll probably have more questions on the other days later. Thanks SO much for your help. Daddy's Little Girl

OMG I just read about the first day of your cruise and have lots of questions already. I certainly hope you can help me in having the same wonderful experiences you did.

Can you send me info for Tours of Sorrento ?

would you care to share how much you paid for tour and how many people on tour?

How did you book the lunch at La Tagliata? What was the cost?

Did you pay extra for the private guide in Pompeii or was that part of the tour? I'll probably have more questions on the other days later. Thanks SO much for your help. Daddy's Little Girl

Hi there, wow, I can't believe people are still reading my review from this cruise from over a year ago. Hope you enjoy!

AP Tours can be found on the web and they are very responsive to questions. We ended up with a group of 6 people, and if I recall it was about 80 EU a person for a private car and guide. They also have a larger group bus tour if there is enough interest from people on the ship. The Pompeii guide was about 100 EU and it was part of the price of the tour with AP. They also made the reservations at the restaurant in Positano and it was 25 EU a person, and worth every penny!

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask more questions.

Ron

Hi there, wow, I can't believe people are still reading my review from this cruise from over a year ago. Hope you enjoy!

AP Tours can be found on the web and they are very responsive to questions. We ended up with a group of 6 people, and if I recall it was about 80 EU a person for a private car and guide. They also have a larger group bus tour if there is enough interest from people on the ship. The Pompeii guide was about 100 EU and it was part of the price of the tour with AP. They also made the reservations at the restaurant in Positano and it was 25 EU a person, and worth every penny!

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask more questions.

Ron

Ron, I'm happy your review got "resurrected". I just read through it again and found some great tips.

Archived