Star Princess - is cabin under pool deck noisy?

greentea81

We just found out we got assigned cabin A320 (Aloha deck) for our Europe cruise on Star Princess in a few weeks. It looks like it is under the Mermaid Tail's Bar/Prego Pizzeria. Has anyone stayed in this cabin (or nearby onces) before? Is it noisy at night when they do cleaning on the pool deck? I am a light sleeper and am worried that I won't get any rest for this port-intensive trip.

From what I could tell from the deck plan, your cabin is directly underneath the bar and bar stools. That's not nearly as bad as a little distance away where you'll hear people walking day and night and power washing super early in the morning. You should be OK but if someone has been in this cabin, it would be good to hear first-hand.

Thanks Pam in CA! I hope it is not that bad.

Can anyone who has stayed in this cabin (or in nearby onces) let me what your experience was like? Did you hear people walking / cleaning noise during the day or at night? How early / late?

We just found out we got assigned cabin A320 (Aloha deck) for our Europe cruise on Star Princess in a few weeks. It looks like it is under the Mermaid Tail's Bar/Prego Pizzeria. Has anyone stayed in this cabin (or nearby onces) before? Is it noisy at night when they do cleaning on the pool deck? I am a light sleeper and am worried that I won't get any rest for this port-intensive trip.

I was near by on the Grand back in 2000 and didn't hear a thing, was in room 325. It was a good and convenient location especially for getting to the elevators and a quick walk up to Lido.

I stayed in Aloha 525 on the Star a couple of years ago. I believe this cabin was almost directly under the pool area. We could hear deck chairs being moved around very early in the morning. I'm sure they were moved around at night also, to set up for MUTS, but we weren't in our cabin to hear it. The noise didn't bother me, but it bothered my husband. I'm not allowed to book cabins on the deck below the pool area anymore. :)

Thanks everyone!

A320 seems to be mainly under the Mermaid Tail's Bar/Prego Pizzeria area. I wonder if we would still hear deck chairs being moved around or water spalshing or if would it be noisy from people walking. Wondering if we should try to request another room (but the ship is soldout...not sure if we would be assigned a worse location) :(

Thanks everyone!

A320 seems to be mainly under the Mermaid Tail's Bar/Prego Pizzeria area. I wonder if we would still hear deck chairs being moved around or water spalshing or if would it be noisy from people walking. Wondering if we should try to request another room (but the ship is soldout...not sure if we would be assigned a worse location) :(

My experience is that you really need to be directly under something for it be a problem. I was under the aft pool once. We could hear the water hitting the sides of the pool and splashing over. In the room next door there was no sound at all.

I suspect you will be fine. The only rooms I really avoid are those under the 24 hour bowling alley.

• 1 month later...

I would call to inquire what else is available. We have been under the pool deck twice -- once was awful, the other was unbearable. Never again for us. Just takes a cruise or two of sleep deprivation before I stopped booking guaranteed cabins. Not trying to be a nay sayer, just warning you of my experience.

PS -- I checked on these board for noise info about A525 -- response was they never slept better. The noise was so bad it actually shook the walls -- we were offered compensation as the maintenance man came in and experienced it himself. I would have rather had a quiet room -- but think their response was adequate and timely so don't really blame Princess.

Archived