Bonus Cruise Points offer from RCI

PartyAllDaTyme

Yesterday, I received an email through my TA with a special deal from RCI. For the month of December, on all but five cruises, Diamond and above C&A members will receive double the normal amount of cruise points, triple if in a suite. They also tout things like a commemorative pin and a luggage strap, along with special onboard events. They promise that you'll "be recognized and pampered by the entire Royal Caribbean® Crew." I want the Captain to tuck me in to bed every night!;):eek::D

I haven't happened to have come across an offer of bonus cruise points before. Are these offers common? Would it be enough to entice you to book a cruise, or maybe at least be the deciding factor? I'm struck by the fact that you must be at least a Diamond member, so it would help get you to Diamond Plus, or if Diamond Plus, to Pinnacle. Otherwise, no help to lesser cruisers.

Has Celebrity ever offered a deal like this? I suppose this strategy would be of no real benefit to X cruisers-- if you're already Elite, no point of offering bonus cruise credits. I also wonder if Elite CC cruisers who are thus Diamond but otherwise do not have any C&A points would be enticed by this offer.

Cruise credits or cruise points seldom would factor into my decision on whether to take a cruise or not, though the extra credit influenced our decision to upgrade to Concierge on our last cruise. I was just wondering if others think this is a great deal, or if you think the hype is unjustified.

Archived