Should I pre-book a spa treatment or wait till I get on the ship?

PCGamer

Hello Friends,

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

I will be sailing the Victory in a few days and wanted to get your opinion on spa services. Should I pre-book or wait until I get on the ship and see if they lower the prices?? We only have 1 sea day and that's when I would like to get my services done (hot stone massage :) ).

thanks for your opinion!!

pc:)

I have always waited until I am on the ship before I book a massage. I've had a massage on every cruise I've taken so far. They usually run specials, and you can get several treatments for one price. Last time I got like five treatments (scalp massage, facial, neck and shoulder massage, foot and ankle massage and hand/arm massage) for less than $100. I always induldge in a massage on the ship, and I have had no trouble booking on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually when the day you board the ship the spa will be offering deals on a lot of the treatments for that evening or the next morning. After that there are usually a few deals every day, but maybe not for the hot stone massage (wonderful - now I want one). The sea days fill up much faster than the port days so depending on how many sea days you have, you may want to pre-book. I usually have several treatments when I cruise and I've never had to pre-book.

Have fun!

WAIT!

In the last 5 cruises (two not on Carnival) I have taken. I have always been able to get an apt. on the ship. Not only an apt. on the ship, but I've waited until mid-week.

On the Dream in Jan. my friend and I were just finishing using the Spa T-pool and etc. and had enough time before dinner, when we wondered up to the desk and asked about the specials and what was available. They took BOTH of us within 2 mins. of each other, right then and there. Now it was a port day, sooooooooo. Still.

They had a list of all specials on the desk at the spa when we went in and they also had one or two other specials in the Funtimes during that week.

I got a 20-20-20. I could pick from a list of about 6 treatments and I got 20 mins of each. It was $120 after I tipped.

Geez, I say this and I will have a problem this time, lol.

But really, never, knock on wood, have had a problem.

I normally book something in the spa each cruise -- I checked the prices for booking in advance and they seemed higher to me. Embarkation day usually has some specials, as well as some pretty low prices as the week progresses.

Since you have a busy itinerary (we sailed the Victory in March and LOVED it) and want to make use of your only at sea day, you'll probably wind up paying full price. Your best value might come from booking on Embarkation day.

Enjoy!

I think i will be a bit of a gambler and wait till I get on the ship :).

Thanks for all the advice, I hope they offer a 20-20-20 that sounded wonderful!

I will post a review after I get back and let you know how it went.

thanks again!!

:)

Archived