Cabin 7112 Azamara Quest

sarn

Hi,

we have sailed on Journey and absolutely loved every moment. We are now travelling on Azamara Quest in a few weeks and have been allocated cabin 7112 aft.

Can anyone advise me if the balcony on this cabin is partially obstructed and also if it is subject to noise from the engine etc.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated - thank you.

Cabin No. 7112 although we have not been in this cabin, there is no reason why it should be obstructed based on our knowledge of the ship. The only obstructed cabins are those with lifeboats outside on deck 6 and are not balcony cabins.

Regarding engine noise, we sailed on the Quest on August 6 (see post) and found there was no engine noise anywhere on the ship.

Hope this helps - have a great cruise.

Master Echo:)

While I haven't been on Azamara as yet, I believe their ships are identical to Oceania's. If this is the case, then 7112 (and 7117 on the other side) has a slightly obstructed view because of the sloping. It is also smaller than its neighbour 7110. Actually, even the door into the corridor is narrower than all the others. I would try for 7110 or 7115, which have more useful balconies and you can still enjoy the wake.

859356156.jpg

You cannot see any difference in the floor plan but look at the back of the ship, end cabin, middle row of balconies

As for engine noise, no engine noise but on first night, slight shuddering type vibration could be felt - either it wasn't bad after that or I got used to it - didn't bother me after first night

PS: I have stayed in the stateroom next to the one you are enquiring about, and that is why I can be certain that the balcony size is smaller (deck size may be the same, though even that did look slightly smaller but it is definitely not all usable due to slope)

@Sarn -

The question about cabin #7112 and the opposite side's #7116 has come up before. The situation is the same on every one of the former R-ships.

So, even though the enclosed photo is of Oceania's Regatta, your Quest cabin #7112 (on the port side) will be just like this one: a slightly obstructed view.

Hope this helps.

1592178347_Regatta71121716s.jpg.ce9016f6f5c82fd70ac21e807c6cf313.jpg

Isnt cruise critic great?!! Sarn you have now got a far more definitive response from others than mine. I really misunderstood your meaning of "obstructed" which from the old days, meant "lifeboat and safety equipment obstructed".

The picture from Ask4Jay illustrates this bulkhead slope extremely well. To be slightly more specific, whilst we have never heard "engine noise" on any of the old Renaissance ships (4 of which we have sailed on), you can get vibration, particularly in certain parts of the dining room, but unless the seas are really bad, this is not too unpleasant.

I am sure you will have just as good a time as you did on Journey.

Kind regards

Master Echo

Hi,

we have sailed on Journey and absolutely loved every moment. We are now travelling on Azamara Quest in a few weeks and have been allocated cabin 7112 aft.

Can anyone advise me if the balcony on this cabin is partially obstructed and also if it is subject to noise from the engine etc.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated - thank you.

I will be in this cabin in November. I would appreciate if you would post your thoughts on this cabin soon after you are back.

Dave

Hi,

thank you all for your valuable feedback regarding cabin 7112 and thank you Ask4Jay for the photograph.

We do not return until 17th November and I will certainly post a review once home.

Finally a big "thank you" to you all for taking the time to welcome me to Cruise Critic - I am sure I will continue to find the forum extremely helpful and informative and trust I will be able to contribute with bits of knowledge I have gained along the way.

Sarn:)

Archived