Allure with Tweens and Teens -Aug 7 Eastern Caribbean

What did the kids think of the ports? Did they enjoy them, do any excursions, or just remain on the ship? What type of room did you have, and do you have any pics of the view?

Thanks for the review!

Hi Wildcatfish. Thx for taking the ride.

the tweens and one of the 18 year olds have cruised before and been to all of the ports we visisted on this cruise so they went shopping and got off to stretch their legs in the ports but didn't take any tours..I think for the Tweens and the Teens it was all about the ship...the Tweens especally enjoyed the H2O zone duirng the day and Adventure Ocean in the evening...

In Nassau the teens along with their parents and me and my sisters took a taxi to Atlantis Hotel and Resort and just walked around a bit and then shopped a little in town..

Please follow my full review if you would like to get more port info :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1465640

Me and my sisters stayed in a D4 Balcony , Cabin #6686....here are some of the amazing views:

Atlantis Hotel and Resort just as we are docking in Nassau

2442406770063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

same scene as we are leaving port

2534699220063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

Who had more fun with the characters? You or the kids? :D

I wouldn't mind a picture with Shrek. My daughter will be 15 and my son will be 13 and I think they will be more interested in the zip line, flow riders, and shows than Dreamworks characters.

PENGUINS! Thats what we were looking for! DD was hoping for penguins on Freedom. This past winter I was telling people that I was going to get my picture taken with Penguins! Unfortunately, no penguins on Freedom.

Now for us, that's a good reason to sail Allure! (along with the great other stuff, too).

Thanks for the great photos, and review! Much appreciated.

Who had more fun with the characters? You or the kids? :D

I know, RIGHT?!!!!!!

Tee Hee

I wouldn't mind a picture with Shrek. My daughter will be 15 and my son will be 13 and I think they will be more interested in the zip line, flow riders, and shows than Dreamworks characters.

Hi Ljberkow: Thx for sticking around

Well I get caught up in the characters and at least I will admit it...:p..some "adults" won't (Hint, Hint) haha

You will get several opps to take a pic with Shrek...I will see if I can scan ours in...and your teens will also have plenty of chances to ride the zip line, flow rider and hopefully you will reserve your shows ahead of time so you can see all shows they want....you can't reserve more than one time per show but you can stand in line to see it again (or at a different time if you decide against your original reserved time)...they allow unreserved seating about 10 minutes before show time...

There were 3 characters me and sisters wanted a pic with...Shrek, Fiona and one sis wanted the Penguins real bad...she likes the way they talk in the movie...

Shrek was an easy one as he was available on first Formal Night...Fiona we kept missing (never got one with her) and the Penguins we kept missing as well and then that last sea day we noticed them listed in the Compass and ran up to the Boardwalk just before time for their appearance...we were second in line and unlike other times when pic is taken by ship photographer and they discourage using your own camera, it was actually listed in the Compass as "bring your own camera"...Perfect!

PENGUINS! Thats what we were looking for! DD was hoping for penguins on Freedom. This past winter I was telling people that I was going to get my picture taken with Penguins! Unfortunately, no penguins on Freedom.

Now for us, that's a good reason to sail Allure! (along with the great other stuff, too). LOL

Thanks for the great photos, and review! Much appreciated.

Hi Wildcatfish: if Penguins are what you want then yes Allure will deliver! :p.... check the Compass daily and you won't be disappointed...

Thx for stopping by and and glad you are enjoying the ride....please come back for more...

...unlike other times when pic is taken by ship photographer and they discourage using your own camera' date=' it was actually listed in the Compass as "bring your own camera"...Perfect![/quote']

That is great news! I heard that the staff gets upset if you try to take your own picture of your family member and the characters.

How were the lines for the zip line, and flowriders? With two flowriders I was hoping the lines wouldn't be too bad. Of course there is a "boat load" of passengers on Allure compared to other ships.

That is great news! I heard that the staff gets upset if you try to take your own picture of your family member and the characters.

How were the lines for the zip line, and flowriders? With two flowriders I was hoping the lines wouldn't be too bad. Of course there is a "boat load" of passengers on Allure compared to other ships.

Yes Wildcatfish normally they will not let you use their backdrops and take pics with your personal cameras...they use to leave the backdrops up even when they went on break but now they put them away or have the kind like window shades that roll up but for the Penguins for that particular appearance it was different and they noted it in the Compass....

Be sure to chk the Compass every night so you know what the times are for zipline and flowrider that way you are prepared to go as soon as they start as it will be busy most times...for the most part one flow rider is used for those who can stand or want to learn how to stand and the other is for those who do not want to stand

Archived