Purchasing Baby food and diapers

SURIA04

I will be cruising with my 16 month old baby on the Allure of the seas. I read on these boards that there is a supermarket close to the Embassy S. hotel. I would like to know if I will be able to purchase baby food and diapers. I'm flying to Miami airport and will most likely take a taxi to fort lauderdale. I don't want to pack too many diapers if I can purchase them on the spot. Thanks in advance for your help.

If it's a supermarket, it will have those items. I'd go to their website, if they have one, and make sure that they carry the brands I'd need.

The ship will gladly puree food for you, and there are plenty of things you can "fork smash".....since your child has to be at least 6 months to cruise, you shouldn't have to bring all foods your child might need...they are quite able to eat some table food by that age!

A taxi isn't the best option from MIA to Pt. Everglades.....check into the

Home Port" boards....there are much cheaper options than cabs!

Thank you CB for all the information. I have been searching the web for prices for taxis and shuttles for MIA to FLL. I once took a shuttle from FLL to MIA and that was cheaper and convenient for us. Now that I'm arriving in MIA I have difficulties finding a shuttle to FLL. I will keep looking. As for the baby food, I will bring a few packs with me just in case. I will purchase the diapers at the supermarket.

I've read that there is grocery store across the street or adjacent to the Embassy Suites. I don't recall the name of it.

Some people mail their supplies to the hotel in advance. Just call the hotel and verify it is ok. I would include the name the reservation is in and check in date on the outside of the box if you decide to mail things.

We were totally finished with prepared baby food by 14 months. I know this may not be the case for everyone b/c of picky eaters/medical issues etc.

Archived