19 DAY DANCE!! And the funny this is.....

tandtmk04

OK.... So I booked a Cruise back in March and we're down to 19 days!! YAY! Funny this is..... my 2 children (Daughter 15 and Son 11) don't know they are going on a cruise yet! lol :p They think we're going to Tampa for a few days then maybe Orlando,,,,etc....

Can't decide if I should tell them before we go or wait until we're pulling into the port and they see the ship??? What would YOU do?? :)

OK.... So I booked a Cruise back in March and we're down to 19 days!! YAY! Funny this is..... my 2 children (Daughter 15 and Son 11) don't know they are going on a cruise yet! lol :p They think we're going to Tampa for a few days then maybe Orlando,,,,etc....

Can't decide if I should tell them before we go or wait until we're pulling into the port and they see the ship??? What would YOU do?? :)

:eek: how could you be so secretive :p I am terrible at keeping secrets we have a long long way to go and I keep going on and on about our cruise LOL.

Have a GREAT cruise! Be sure to get their reaction on video, I am sure it will be priceless :D

Several years ago we took our three kids, then ages 5, 7, and 10, on a Disney Cruise. What they didn't know was that we also had hotel reservations and tickets bought for DisneyWorld for three days afterwards. They thought when we disembarked and got our rental car that we were headed to the airport, and my oldest said with a sigh, I wish we could stay and go to DisneyWorld. My husband just smiled at me and said, hey honey. They want to go to DisneyWorld. Let's just do that instead of going home. He was their hero for weeks afterwards. I will never forget the looks on their faces. It was the most fun surprise we've ever sprung.

:eek: how could you be so secretive :p I am terrible at keeping secrets we have a long long way to go and I keep going on and on about our cruise LOL.

Have a GREAT cruise! Be sure to get their reaction on video, I am sure it will be priceless :D

Trust me.... It's NOT been easy! lol My 11 year old did hear his dad talking to someone about going on a cruise and he got all excited....and I had to do damage control "oh dad musssst have been talking about a previous cruise".... lol:D

A lady on our Roll Call is ordering T-Shirts with the Ship, Date and Ports on it so of course I ordered us all one (husband was realy excited....not... ha ha...I have been called the "Clark Griswald" of our family :p) and thinking the morning of the cruise I will give the shirts out and maybe let that be the way of telling them??? :) I don't know what I'll do yet....

I have to say.... the closer it is to the cruise,,,, the harder it is not to tell them!

Several years ago we took our three kids, then ages 5, 7, and 10, on a Disney Cruise. What they didn't know was that we also had hotel reservations and tickets bought for DisneyWorld for three days afterwards. They thought when we disembarked and got our rental car that we were headed to the airport, and my oldest said with a sigh, I wish we could stay and go to DisneyWorld. My husband just smiled at me and said, hey honey. They want to go to DisneyWorld. Let's just do that instead of going home. He was their hero for weeks afterwards. I will never forget the looks on their faces. It was the most fun surprise we've ever sprung.

That brought tears to my eyes! I love Disney and sharing it with the kids is the BEST! What a great memory you'll always have! :)

I *love* this. :)

We surprised our two boys who were 8 and 10 at the time with a cruise on the Paradise. I at least only had 1 month to keep the secret, we bought a last minute"pack and go" special. We just told the kids that we were going with their dad to stay at a hotel while he attended a conference for work. We did not tell them until we got to the Long Beach peir and asked them what that whale tail that we could see finally was. It was priceless.

For the most part, I love surprises and I have surprised my kids many times with trips, etc. I'm in the minority here though, as almost half of the fun of cruising is in the buildup. I'm still over 2 months away from my next date with paradise, but I get geared up every day visiting this site, and bragging that I am going to those less fortunate! I say surprise them early, and then let them marinate in it for awhile.

We surprised our two boys who were 8 and 10 at the time with a cruise on the Paradise. I at least only had 1 month to keep the secret, we bought a last minute"pack and go" special. We just told the kids that we were going with their dad to stay at a hotel while he attended a conference for work. We did not tell them until we got to the Long Beach peir and asked them what that whale tail that we could see finally was. It was priceless.

Isn't that moment of surprise the best? I'll never forget it. I bet your kids were thrilled!

Oh I would totally wait until you are pulling into the port. As long as they wouldn't pack any differently for a cruise-but they are kids so I don't see that happening! That is a truly awesome surprise-let us know what their reaction is! :)

surprise :) have they be on a cruise before? Is it something they would like? I mean do they understand WHAT it is? If they don't it wouldn't be as cool of a surprise but if they do then surprise them. But I don't know about when. It would be neat to do it in the port area as you pull up, but if you are traveling to port, it might be fun to do it RIGHT before you leave or something so y'all can talk about the entire time :) I don't know, just my thoughts. Not sure what your commute is to the port. Mine is 12 hours. Lots to talk about for 12 hours! :)

Oh I would totally wait until you are pulling into the port. As long as they wouldn't pack any differently for a cruise-but they are kids so I don't see that happening! That is a truly awesome surprise-let us know what their reaction is! :)

Saying we are staying in Florida makes it easier as far as the packing goes. BUT I had to try and decide how to get my daughter a dress for formal night w/o her knowing why.... so we were at the mall and saw a pretty black and white dress for her the wear to her school's "Fall Formal"... she tried it on and liked it....Taylor a dress for formal night... CHECK! lol :D

surprise :) have they be on a cruise before? Is it something they would like? I mean do they understand WHAT it is? If they don't it wouldn't be as cool of a surprise but if they do then surprise them. But I don't know about when. It would be neat to do it in the port area as you pull up, but if you are traveling to port, it might be fun to do it RIGHT before you leave or something so y'all can talk about the entire time :) I don't know, just my thoughts. Not sure what your commute is to the port. Mine is 12 hours. Lots to talk about for 12 hours! :)

They have been on 2 previous cruises and they LOVE them! All we hear is how they want to go another cruise and we tell them ..."awwww maybe next year". Ha! My daughter was telling me how many girls on her soccer team was going on a cruise during their break and how she wished she was too. :D

I wish I could keep secrets, but I am terrible at it. We just gave my granddaughter a card for her 4th birthday, Saturday, telling her we are taking her on her 2nd cruise.

Now, we get to count down the sleeps, 18 to go!!!! If we ever get to take her to Disney, that will be one I'll have to try to keep as a surprise. Don't think her parents are going to let us have that trip, though

Archived