Any car rental offices in Galveston?

Babyblue

Ok I need some help are

There any car rental offices in Galveston ? I am going on a cruise in nov and need to rent a car to

Bring me to Galveston but don't want To have the car parked while I cruise as i am coming down 3 days early so it's getting to be expensive for the car just to sit was gonna look to see about one way rental down there and then a one way back

Help thanks for any and all help

Thanks Galveston I saw the other thread after I posted sorry . Thinking I am gonna just have to accept that I am gonna have to pay for the full 11 days of rental and rent at home drive all the way to Galveston and park at hotel and drive back home

• 2 weeks later...

I spent hours and days trying to find a way around this about 3 years ago. Since there were 4 of us, we found a decent rate on a car and free parking during the cruise and it wasn't any more expensive than a shuttle. But it is really annoying and you have to think it is planned to make you keep the car for the week. Good luck- but I will go try and find Hertz and see if it really is available.

I spent hours and days trying to find a way around this about 3 years ago. Since there were 4 of us, we found a decent rate on a car and free parking during the cruise and it wasn't any more expensive than a shuttle. But it is really annoying and you have to think it is planned to make you keep the car for the week. Good luck- but I will go try and find Hertz and see if it really is available.

Thks 5waldos I used to have a hook up at hertz so I got an excellent rate but with the hookup gone although my hookup person got me a good deal as best she could I am going down 2 days earlier for all the festivities and leaving the car parked for 6 days but it still is not as outrageous as if I had no hookup wish one way drop off wasn't so expensive and Galveston had car rental facilities so I could do one way each way so to speak . Plus I pay for everything all on my own both people in the cabin both tips and excursions etc so it all adds up

Thks 5waldos I used to have a hook up at hertz so I got an excellent rate but with the hookup gone although my hookup person got me a good deal as best she could I am going down 2 days earlier for all the festivities and leaving the car parked for 6 days but it still is not as outrageous as if I had no hookup wish one way drop off wasn't so expensive and Galveston had car rental facilities so I could do one way each way so to speak . Plus I pay for everything all on my own both people in the cabin both tips and excursions etc so it all adds up

Hertz makes a big deal about not offering special pickups if you are flying in or out. You would think that someone would find a way to make money doing one way rentals from the airports to Galveston and return- there are thousands of people who would be interested every week. As it is it is just try difficult and already I am remembering why I swore I'd never cruise out of Galveston again. although I suppose that for 4 of us (although a different 4) $200 rt plus tips isn't so bad. But having a car for the evening in Galveston would be nice. Maybe I'll buy an old school bus and make my fortune driving people back and forth down there!:D

Archived