*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Except for the Magic cruise. Yes we will be at one on the hotel that I get up set for everyone.

It would be great if we all get in one together like we did for the Dream,

well, I think most of us stayed at the same place, sure seemed like it...

Ok now I read the rest of the posts, I seee you Rich were at a different one, but you were at the party yes!

Now Cathy on the other hand was at the same place as all the peeps, but started the party before we got there,

and pooped out so we never did see her till the next morning at the shuttle or Sail away LOL

Cathy all that Gym talk is making me tired :p

Man yesterday was weird.

was sleeping,

went to church, came home

was sleeping

watched a bit of football

was sleeping

Read to catch up

was sleeping

I slept more yesterday than I do in a week on board a ship.

Today I will decide how bad the tooth is, and if I should call the dentist.

I am self medicating, no not Coors Light LOL

and it seems to be working.

So who needs a Doctor anyway?

But we'll see

OK, off I go, I have things to do today

going to help Dawn defrost her freezer (just one of many things to get done)

I have 1200lbs of beef that needs a home

and I only have one empty Freezer....

I have 1200lbs of beef that needs a home

and I only have one empty Freezer....

Hey, you know I'm only a short drive away! I could help with that :p!

And as far as all of us being at the same hotel prior to the cruise, we say HELL YEAH! Let's get the party started (no party poopers allowed)! As soon as Rich tells us where to stay (and my husband would tell you that it's not often that I let a man tell me what to do...LOL), we'll be booking a room!

Priceline braggers on our cruise.:p:p One for each of you.

I'm not sorry!!! :p:p (one for you Mimi)

Gee Marie, all that sleeping is making me tired.

Vicki, I'm waiting on a call back now from the Holiday Inn sales dept. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I'm not sorry!!! :p:p (one for you Mimi)

Gee Marie, all that sleeping is making me tired.

Vicki, I'm waiting on a call back now from the Holiday Inn sales dept. I'll keep ya'll posted.

LOL Rich

Cathy, in all honesty, next time you want to try Priceline, hit me up. You gotta start early and be willing to walk for 24 hours before rebidding. There is no reason why you should ever have to pay more than 100 for a 4 star hotel. There are tricks and websites that tell you which hotel you will "win" at what price. They will tell you to start bidding at X amount and go up. I usually start around 40 and slowly go up over the course of a few days.

It varies BIG TIME by market. Like in Milwaukee, their Intercontinental is going for $60.

Just trying to give some friendly advice. I sure owe you some advice for all the advice you've given me over the last year! :)

2 more inquiries tonight at my website. They are big ones. None of this nonsense of "come and scrub my toilet". Lots of jobs, long term help needed. It's just a matter now if the commute is worth it for either me or my new amazing employee. Gosh she rocks! (We gotta get her cruising soon as she's been on 3 in the past and she's a ton of fun!).

Have a great night SMDers.

Check out http://EdibleCollectibles.com if you like to cook or are in need of some new recipes! We officially launched today. Sheryl is the President and CEO of the company (which is really only a hobby right now, but may lead to prosperous things).

Most of you know Sheryl. Isn't she awesome??? :)

Good evening SMDers. Its going to be a cool one in south texas tonight.

OK, I heard back from Melinda at the Holiday Inn Resort in Galveston. Here is the link:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/rs/1/en/hotel/glssb

The group rate is going to be $119 per night for a king or a double. This hotel is right on the seawall (beach) and right in the middle of the hotel strip. There is plenty of places to eat, a Kroger just up the block and a Walmart up about 10 blocks. They offer a shuttle to the port in the morning and they also have free parking for all cruisers while on the cruise.

I'm also waiting to hear back from the Holiday Inn Sunspree and the Lq Quinta. Both offer shuttle service and I think that is going to be on proirity since we will have to get everyone to the ship in the morning. There are others, but like the Tremont house has a good rate, but no shuttle and parking is $21/day.

OK, so let me know what ya'll think!

Evening Rich. So far the hotels sound good. Most important for us besides the shuttle is free parking during the cruise. Better to pay a little more for the hotel than $$ for parking.

It's downright bitter here, temp 19 with a brutal wind chill. Not much snow. I'd rather have more snow with warmer temps than this!

Time for bed, I'm coming down with a cold so nyquil for me tonite!

Hey Lori, I know that you and Don prefer that the hotel have both parking and the shuttle.

I was just looking at the rates for a Sat night at that hotel and the best available rate is $206 a night:eek::eek::eek:. Wow, do they really get that much for one night? Not from me, but I will go the $119.

OK, time for some TV in bed, so until tomorrow. Night ya'll!

I was just looking at the rates for a Sat night at that hotel and the best available rate is $206 a night:eek::eek::eek:.

Good thing we will be on the Magic Sat night,

where it is only $100 a night,

with food and folded towel animal included in the price:p

Hey there!! Judie and I are back in the real world. We had a great time, and I will tell you all about it tomorrow. Pat and I didn't get home from the airport until 3:30 AM this morning, and then back up early to get Katie to school, Pat to the Dr. and laundry and junk like that. So I am beat beyond beat.

I'll talk tomorrow and maybe even post a couple of pictures of our adventure. :D

Hey there!! Judie and I are back in the real world. We had a great time, and I will tell you all about it tomorrow. Pat and I didn't get home from the airport until 3:30 AM this morning, and then back up early to get Katie to school, Pat to the Dr. and laundry and junk like that. So I am beat beyond beat.

I'll talk tomorrow and maybe even post a couple of pictures of our adventure. :D

Welcome Home...

Can't wait to hear all about your adventure...

See ya in the morning :p

Good morning to the BCOD club. Up early for sure this morning and its cool (38), burrrrrrr.

Janet - we missed ya. Welcome back. Can't wait to hear about your travels.

Marie - I know that your going to need the shuttle as well as just about everyone else and that is the top priority in the hotel. Galveston island isn't all that big, so theres not going to be that many hotels to choose from. I am checking all that have a shuttle to see what we can get. P.S. I see that in the link for the hotel that there is a swan on the bed, so I think you will get that towel animal Sat night at the Holiday Inn:p.

Hope everyone has a great day. Later

Good morning, SMDers!

Windy and cold here today with a high in the 50's. Burr!

I woke up still tired and I don't know why, I slept very good last night.

You all are going to think that I am nuts but I don't like the Holiday Inn because are you ready for this.....I don't like the smell of their comforter or sheets. I have stayed at different ones thruout the years and for some reason they make my asthma act up. That is not a great way to start a cruise.:( I don't know maybe it is the detergent they use to wash them. However, that is not saying we can't go to a party over there.lol

Mimi, thanks for the advice but I will never ever use Priceline again. Nope never ever. I will do my own stuff. I may pay a bit more but at least I can cancel it if I see something cheaper down the road.

Vicki, what cha mean no party poopers allowed???? You got to remember that Kenny and I were use to going to bed at 8 as he got up for work at 3. Now we don't seem to go to bed until 1 so I don't think we will have a problem.lol

Janet,welcome back and can't wait for the review.

OK well I guess I will take my crabby azz over to the Looney's!

P.S. I see that in the link for the hotel that there is a swan on the bed, so I think you will get that towel animal Sat night at the Holiday Inn:p.

Hope everyone has a great day. Later

But it wont be at the $200+ rate LOL

Vicki, what cha mean no party poopers allowed???? You got to remember that Kenny and I were use to going to bed at 8 as he got up for work at 3. Now we don't seem to go to bed until 1 so I don't think we will have a problem.lol

Hey girl! We're coming to party and since we joined this group you are all the ones we plan to party with! (yes, even after we knew it wasn't the swingers group although the "Cabin Crawl" activity made us wonder! LOL) I go on cruises with 3 things in mind...eating, drinking & dancing!

The group rate is going to be $119 per night for a king or a double. This hotel is right on the seawall (beach) and right in the middle of the hotel strip. There is plenty of places to eat, a Kroger just up the block and a Walmart up about 10 blocks. They offer a shuttle to the port in the morning and they also have free parking for all cruisers while on the cruise.

We are happy with the Holiday Inn Galveston. We will be flying and wont have a car so wherever the group goes so will we! :D

OK ya'll, I'm hard at work for ya. I just got off the phone with Gayla with the Hotel Galvez (which is a very nice place). The rate they are will to give us is $109.65 for a king or double. It also is on the seawall and has free parking for cruisers and a shuttle to the terminal. Here is the link for them:

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/GLSHG/main.wnt

They usually don't have a one night stays on the weekend, but with the group they are willing to do so. This rate is $10 cheaper then the Holiday Inn and I don't thing they use the same laundry soap that the Holiday Inn does:rolleyes:.

Let me know what ya'll think.

Archived