*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Good morning SMDers. Cool wet one here in south Texas this morning. Suppose to get our first freeze of the year this coming week.

Busy day yesterday. I submitted an application for West as the Army’s All-American Bowl was looking for Army retires to be recognized at the pre-game ceremonies. They had the present day troops on the field with the new enlistees and the retirees. They even had 3 of the Tuskegee Airman and it was great just getting to talk with them. Well he was selected and he was given 4 tickets to the game (so I got to go). We then went to the Army Strong zone which is here they had all the different aspects of the Army outside the stadium (sorry not tanks). Needless to say we both had a great time. After that we went and ate Mexican food (yes Cathy I know you love Mexican food) and then home to watch the football games.

This mountain cedar is still killing me. I’m now having to double up on the meds and my poor nose is still running.

I have had a few inquiries about the cruise and the “prevailing rate”, so I put in an email to Johna and expect to hear back from her Monday. The more cruisers, the bigger the party!

Andrea – looks like that would be a company to go with for those that would like to dive. I was looking at it and they have a discover diving course that I might do and the fact their prices are much better then you can get on the ship excursions.

Janet – You’re still my hero. Leave it to you to found what we are looking for. And you can hijack my tread anytime you want! How’s the toe this morning?

Lori – congrats on the BTB. Someday I would like to do the Freedom. Hope the family will be joining us on the cruise.

Bobbie – yup the weathers coming your way. We had heavy rain all night and now it’s heading east.

Cathy – how did you like those games yesterday (other than the fact that the Jets won)? How many years has it been since there hasn’t been a Manning in the playoff? Now that’s what I call the playoffs. Did Mimi ever get computer fixed?

Betty - sorry as I know that you are heartbroken about the game yesterday, but it was exciting. I thought for sure that Payton would pull it out and he did his part, but that run back on the kick kill the Colts. Now who are you going to cheer for?

OK, back to work

Hey there Rich!

Both the Saints and Colts games were really good. I was heartbroken but you can't win em' all! So now, one of my best friends grandson (Dustin Keller 81, local boy) plays for the Jets so I am hoping they can beat New England and the Brady bunch. Then of course I will cheer on the Steelers. :D

Hope your toe is better today Janet! Ewww! I hate pain...:eek:...

Lori, I think I am going to call you Lucky Lori..b2b is awesome, congrats! I have been on the Freedom twice and loved it!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week-end!

Well folks, the walls are all painted, hardwood is installed, carpets are in, sofas and chairs will be here by the end of the month, and that's just the main floor lol We have been renovating since before Canadian thanksgiving, and we are still married :D

It's been a long time coming, we haven't done anything to the house in the 14 years we have lived here, except for a new kitchen 5 years ago. It does look real nice, now I won't be embarassed when Rich and West visit me.

Our colours were so outdated they were nearly back in fashion.

Janet, you made my 'nads suck up talking about your sore toe owwwwwwww

Sorry people.. I just don't get football.

I think the diving sounds awesome, we could go for a dive and then hook up with everybody else at the beach :) I would do the discover dive one too Rich, it's been a couple of years since we have been underwater hard core. We did snuba in Costa Maya, wow how claustrophobic was that having a hose dangling behind you.Lori and Don were supposed to do that with us but then pesky Mr jellyfish threw a spanner in the works :mad:

Rich could you fire off the cruise prices to me please, or post them on fb? My cousin might be interested in coming along.

Well off my butt to the market, I detest grocery shopping and have put it off long enough. I know what will make it a little less drearier for me though... I will be thinking

that

in

59 MORE WEEKS WE WILL ALL BE CRUISING TOGETHER ON THE MAGIC!!!!!

take good care, play nice

andrea

Loved the Seahawks winning and will be sitting with a couple of my Looney cruisers at the bar on the ship watching them play.

Now was so excited about the Ravens/ Wow what a game. OK on to the Packers and may they keep Michael Vick in the dirt face first. What cha think, Bobbi!!:D

I started quoting people to reply but then I realized there were WAY more posts than I expected! So let me just try and remember what was said.

Lori, Awesome possum for the Freedom cruise! Judie and I will be on the Destiny that week, returning to Miami on Sat. So we can share the laundry room at the hotel! lol Like you, Judie and I feel that the cost and hassle of flying to the east coast demands at least 10 days. So we will be cruising for 13 with one night at a hotel. Thats works! :D

Thanks everyone for asking about my toe/foot! I am in absolutely no pain! But that might be beauce the toe is completely numb!!:rolleyes: I'm sure it will be fine. As long as I don't have pain, I am SO good to go!

Andrea, I don't watch footbal either. But let me try and explain it to you.

There are two teams. They are big, fat and ugly usually. Except for the quarterback. He is usually small, fast and ok looking.

The team captains flip a coin to see who has the ball first. (of course the winner always keeps the ball for his own team. Selfish!) Now you should know that this is the last civilised act you will see until the reporters go into the locker room after the game to interview the players. Then they are all like "ya, that other team was good and it was hard to beat them, but my team was more prepared, and thanks to joe, bill, hank, and hoss, we won!" So back to the game.

The team that lost the ball in the coin toss kicks the ball to the other team. The other team has to do anything it takes to get that ball to the other end of the field across a line marked on the field. You will know where this line is because it is marked with two giant poles with another pole that attaches both tall poles. It looks like a chin up bar we used to play on in elementary school. Meanwhile, the team that doesn't have the ball has to try and knock down the player who has the ball. Problem with this is that the players never seem to know who has the ball, so they just knock everyone down. Including the cameramen on the sidelines!

The team with the ball has 4 tries to get the ball over the line at the other end of the field. If they do, then thay get to dance around and pat each other on the heads and butts! It's really an excuse to touch each other! But anyway, they get 6 points for doing it. Now the smallest player on the team comes out. He is the kicker. He has to kick the ball over that chin up bar I was talking about. If he does, then the team gets another point. And yep, they get to touch each other again!

If the team with the ball doesn't get the ball across that line in 4 tries, then they have to give the ball to the other team. If this happens, then the other team has to get the ball to the other end of the field. But sometimes when they only have one more try to get the ball to that line, they decide to try and kick the ball over the chin up bar instead. I think they get 3 points if the kicker gets that ball over the chin up bar. But more importantly, they get to pat each other on the butt again!

They do this for about an hour. But if you watch it in on TV, it's usually about 3 hours! There you have it. Football at a glance.:p:D

I couldn't Dive at all. I am so clautrophobic, I can't breathe at the muster drill when they smash you up aginast the wall. Besides, I am afraid of what is down there in the ocean! But more power to you that can or at least willing to try. I will keep the beach warm and ready for you guys when you get back!

Rich, that is so cool that West got to participate in the pre game ceremony. And you are a good friend for submitting his name!

Hi to everyone else!!:D

Thanks Janet!! Makes sense to me now rofl :D

Dave and I were hoping to make the Feb 2012 cruise a b2b, however in saying that....

He mentioned last night that we need our Hawaii fix. So if we decide to go to Hawaii, we will only do the one cruise in 2012, and no Dave will not cruise to Hawaii. We used to go every year, sometimes twice a year until we were treated real badly by a group of locals on the big island. Scared the crap out of me, and pissed Dave off.

But we LOVE Maui and I have a friend who has a condo that she lets us "rent" at a ridiculously low rate. We also love Oahu. As a matter of fact and forgive me if I have mentioned this before, Dave and I were married on a catamaran just off Diamond Head beach.

So now that the sting of the BI incident is not as new, I have a feeling we will hit the islands next fall.

I guess we will have to start looking for a b2b in 2013 ;)

Rich, that dive company specializes in small groups, I think 8 to a group. Me, Dave, you and West make 4. How many divers are there in your San Antonio group?

Janet - is that really football?

Andrea - you won't get West to go diving. I'm trying to get him to go snorkeling with us on the party boat. But yes, I will go. I know the Bert would like to go and I put a copy under Vickies door, so Kermit might want to go. Kim said they were going to go, but have yet to book the cruise and her and her husband are divers, so I would think that they would go. I will have to check. As soon as I get the prices back from Johna, I will shoot them off to you.

I thought it was really neat to find out that they had selected West for the pre game ceremony and even better to see him out there on the field.

Betty - West is a Brady bunch fan, but I'm always for the underdog, so we will see who gets there.

Cathy - can the pack hold off Vick and the eagles? We will see in the next 2 minutes.

Loved the Seahawks winning and will be sitting with a couple of my Looney cruisers at the bar on the ship watching them play.

Now was so excited about the Ravens/ Wow what a game. OK on to the Packers and may they keep Michael Vick in the dirt face first. What cha think, Bobbi!!:D

Yep I agree Cathyp... And his team just lost....YAY!!!!!!!!

Waving to all my friends...Andrea thanks for our countdown...

Yep I agree Cathyp... And his team just lost....YAY!!!!!!!!

Waving to all my friends...Andrea thanks for our countdown...

Just a little green bay packers is what I am talking about. I was so excited. Now they will play my Atlanta Falcons.:eek: Just don't know on that one.

Busy day yesterday. I submitted an application for West as the Army’s All-American Bowl was looking for Army retires to be recognized at the pre-game ceremonies. They had the present day troops on the field with the new enlistees and the retirees. They even had 3 of the Tuskegee Airman and it was great just getting to talk with them. Well he was selected and he was given 4 tickets to the game (so I got to go). We then went to the Army Strong zone which is here they had all the different aspects of the Army outside the stadium (sorry not tanks). Needless to say we both had a great time. After that we went and ate Mexican food (yes Cathy I know you love Mexican food) and then home to watch the football games.

What a cool thing to do for West. I bet he enjoyed it!

Just a little green bay packers is what I am talking about. I was so excited. Now they will play my Atlanta Falcons.:eek: Just don't know on that one.

Cathy p I was just reading what one of the sports commentators said on one of the sports shows.

I quote, Vick can go on to Hawaii for his Winter vacation, because the Eagles (10-7) are going home...:)

If a list is started for the dive trip, Don said he would be interested in the discover dive excursion. I'll find something else to do that day!!! He's always wanted to go diving again, but its been years since he had his divers certification. Sounds like a good way to try it again.

Rich, thats football from a non addicts view! lol

To all the divers, I am thinking about the 8 person group thing. Well, if I counted correctly, there are only 9 of you. So why not email the company and ask them if you can go with a group of 9. Since you are all friends it shouldn't be a problem right?

Andrea, Dave, Rich, Bert, Vicky, Kermit, Kim, Kims husband, Don. :D Plus, it looks like they offer a couple differewnt dive types. So what if you split into 2 groups? I wonder if they have 2 boats?

Good morning, SMDers!

I dive the way some of you don't watch football. It is nonexistant.lol

3 more days until we leave to enjoy all the Looneys! YEA!!

Nice to see Vick will be in Hawaii, glad I won't. Right Bobbie??:D

Mimi still has computer issues and will not have it fixed until after our cruise.

Good morning all you SMDers! Hope everyone had a gret weekend.

Janet, glad you are no pain. I would have been crying like a baby!:(

Rich, that was an amazing thing to do for West, and I bet he really enjoyed it.

Andrea, I like the all the ideas! Hubby and I both would like to start diving, but not sure what we will decide to do.

I am another not that interested in footbal, except for a big game with Ohio State or My Longhorns. Otherwise, I don't really watch it.

Hello to Cathy P, Bobbie, Lori, Betty, Marie, and whoever else I missed.

Good afternoon all !! I see some talk about a Hawaii group cruise but can't seem to find out when ? I would love to do Hawaii !!! I can't do the Oct 2012 cruise unfortunatley :( I plan to do Europe/Med in June/July 2010 as a Graduation gift for my Daughter :o Someone is planning a group cruise I can post the details if anyone is interested ?

Regarding the excursions... My Friends want to stay off the water in the Ports ie: Not on a boat LOL

Also we have someone (I am working on her) that does not want to go in the Ocean ! :confused:

We want to include a road trip in our trip so we plan to fly to New Orleans approx 3 days early then drive to Texas that way we can see a few States. Also it is $200 per person cheaper to fly to New Orleans, that will pay for the rental...

I wish My Friends would come on here & chat !!!

There are not many Cove balcony rooms left !!! We might pay the deposit ASAP & get one ?

Hope everyone is doing well !

Not a Football fan LOL :)

Lynda

Good afternoon all !! I see some talk about a Hawaii group cruise but can't seem to find out when ? I would love to do Hawaii !!! I can't do the Oct 2012 cruise unfortunatley :( I plan to do Europe/Med in June/July 2010 as a Graduation gift for my Daughter :o Someone is planning a group cruise I can post the details if anyone is interested ?

Regarding the excursions... My Friends want to stay off the water in the Ports ie: Not on a boat LOL

Also we have someone (I am working on her) that does not want to go in the Ocean ! :confused:

We want to include a road trip in our trip so we plan to fly to New Orleans approx 3 days early then drive to Texas that way we can see a few States. Also it is $200 per person cheaper to fly to New Orleans, that will pay for the rental...

I wish My Friends would come on here & chat !!!

There are not many Cove balcony rooms left !!! We might pay the deposit ASAP & get one ?

Hope everyone is doing well !

Not a Football fan LOL :)

Lynda

We should know more about a Hawaii cruise, by the time we get to this one:eek:

Still waiting for Carnival to put out what they are doing for late 12 and early 13...

Cathy, I wouldn't classify myself as a "fan". I just root for them during a "big" game out of obligation because I am from Ohio.

I am SOOOO in for Hawaii!!!

Janet, not sure about th Oasis or Allure. I would like to try them, but it depends on $$ and Hawaii.

Lynda, that road trip sounds like fun. I think I will probably have my own road trip, depending on airfare. I am not looking forward to that drive!

Sorry guys for being MIA so much...the Grumpas (Hubby) seems to be needing all my free time, or grouches at me...ok he has been grouching at me even if I give him the extra time LOL

So this week end has been long, not only did I have to work, I had my Daughter in Love's Baby Shower, hour drive away, 3 hours there, hour drive back, plus a stop at the store :eek:

Oh my goodness, I best not dare go into the Computer room to check my e-mail LOL

He is just being a pain, cuz I am leaving for a fun filled Cruise...

He was booked and backed out so I am less sympathetic to his ranting this time...

And yes, he seems to get like this each time, so I know he still loves me, and is just having PMSS "Pre Marie Sailing Syndrome" It will be over in a week, just as it does for us ladies :eek:

Ok, off to get ready for the Dog Groomer, be back later.

Archived