*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Andrea - good job on the dive company. Now we just have to get everybody that wants to go to sign up.

Bobbie - thanks for letting me know about Johna. I'm suprized that I haven't heard back from her yet as she usually answers right away.

Sherri - have a good time on the Looney's cruise. I sure wish I was going, but I will be cruising on the 27th.

Hope everyone has a great night. Talk to ya'll in the morning.

Good Morning ....

Another cold, and snowy day in the midwest. I am sooo over winter!

Rich, Johna has been on vacation that is why the long delay. She is playing catch-up but I am sure you will hear from her in the very near future. :D

Sure hope you all have a fun filled day! A three day week-end just around the corner for me! YIPEE!

No, she had three years to plan and pack for our/her first Cruise, she just waited till the last day to pack :eek:

Oh! My mistake! I bet she had a harder time this time just because of having to pack the boys...all three probably! :D

Rich, I heard back from Johna pretty much right away. I know they had a big one day sale on 1-11-11, so along with playing catch up from her vacation, she was trying to stay on top of all that too.

Last day, Looneys! I hope you all have a blast, and bring back lots of pics! I want to see all the crazy stuff you do, so I can live vicariously (sp?).

It will be quiet around here for sure, but we will have to pick up the slack!

It is cold and snowy here, too! AGAIN!!!! Is it Spring yet?

Oh! My mistake! I bet she had a harder time this time just because of having to pack the boys...all three probably! :D

Last day, Looneys! I hope you all have a blast, and bring back lots of pics! I want to see all the crazy stuff you do, so I can live vicariously (sp?).

/quote]

Yep, it was that packing for the 3 boys that did it.

See you all when we get back

Good afternoon SMDers. Another cool one here this morning. Suppose to warm up tomorrow though.

Lori/Andrea - those prices are early saver rates and if the book with that rate they will not get the group amenities. I did get back an email from Johna saying that she did not get my first email. I asked what the group rate is and I will let ya'll know.

OK Looneys, ya'll have a great cruise and we will keep thing going on this end until ya'll get back. Have a blast!

Sibs and bros, say a quick prayer for me as I spent last night in the hospital with high blood pressure and then it balmed out to almost nothing. I am so trying to be calm. DH is driving me crazy along with the dog.:eek:

Bon Voyage Looneys!

Janet, I have sent a check to you.

Hi everyone else!

OK thanks. I will be watching for it! It's going to be a blast!

Hi, SMDers!

All the last minute stuff has been done including laundry. I told Kenny not to wear anything else that he wanted for the cruise cause my laundry day is done. Secondly I do his packing so I can see him tomorrow coming out in his boxers with a pair of jeans, can I wear these?lol

Packing will be done tomorrow as well as going to the bank. Got to make sure I have the ones and 5's for sure. I got a brand new CC card in the mail today with 0 percent interest until June so hotel on the way home and the dogs hotel will put on that. That way I have more spending money. This is the first time my cruise has been paid for right down to the Friday night hotel and dinner at Bubba Gumps with the certs. that I bought at Christmas $60 worth of drinking and maybe an appitizer or 2.lol I put $600 OBC on my account plus the $100 so all I owe is the $78 for Nachi Cocom and the tip. Yea, I am so proud of myself.

OK well sorry to ramble but that is my job. Will miss you all so much but not enough not to go.:D

You are going to Bubba Gumps too? Did you arrange a group space?

You can not be sick darling! You are going on a freakin' cruise!! I hope the blood pressure is OK now.

You have mail Rich!!! I did hear back from Johna, I forwarded her response to you.

Busy week for me, something every nite this week, I'm pooped and need to go to bed real soon..

The dive company sounds good Andrea, I know Don would enjoy that. Its been over 20 years since he's been diving so a course is perfect for him. I think I have him talked into it even tho I won't be going.

Happy cruising Loonies!!!! Wish we were there with you!!!

Lori, you can stay on the beach with the rest of us!! Actually, you can use the pool!!:eek::D

Good evening SMDers.

Cathy p - if you are reading this, turn off the computer, grab a couple of Coors Light and watch some cartoons on TV (nothing stressful). RELAX, your the one cruising. Just kick back and have a good time.

Janet - I'm still haven't seen Migdelia, but as soon as I do I will get you a check in the mail.

Good evening SMDers.

Cathy p - if you are reading this, turn off the computer, grab a couple of Coors Light and watch some cartoons on TV (nothing stressful). RELAX, your the one cruising. Just kick back and have a good time.

Janet - I'm still haven't seen Migdelia, but as soon as I do I will get you a check in the mail.

okey dokey! :D

Good morning, SMDers!

I am feeling pretty darn good this morning. The only thing left is my coffee and the carry on.

Rich, thanks for the great advise, however, Coor's Light and my BP don't really agree so I think the drinking days are over for a bit. Virgin drinks for me on this cruise. I know pick yourself off the floor.lol

Thanks for all the great wishes and will chat on the flip flop. For now I am off to Miami!!!!

Bon Voyage Cathy!!! Give all those Looneys a hug from me xo

So glad you are feeling better :)

I heard back from the dive company they can squeeze 9 divers on the boat, and can do the resort course. Here is his reply

HI Andrea,

Thank you for the inquiry. I can accommodate you during your visit. however

we are 8 divers max. on the boats. We would be able to do the resort course

for those that need it. I could do a private charter for you for $850usd

which would include all you would need for gear and we could provide the

resort course as well. I can squeeze the 9th diver on and not have to crowd

the boat.

Let me know any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

Take care,

Danny Kupkowski

Off the Wall Divers

345-916-0303

http://www.otwdivers.com

www.facebook.com/pages/Seven-Mile-Beach/Off-The-Wall-Divers/

so I guess we need a head count for divers

Wow, check this link out. California is loosing cruise ships left and right.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/Carnival-other-cruise-lines-fleeing-California-955891.php

Makes you wonder if the Spirit will be going to Hawaii in the fall of 2012 or 2013

I seriously doubt it for fall 2012 and can guarantee it for 2013. Thats what I told Marie, looks like it will be RCCL afterall. But they will have a repo. cruise, so it might go to Hawaii. It will just be very expensive and completely booked very quickly! I bet they won't even allow a group to book it. But maybe they will move another ship in. Probably another spirit class ship I bet.

Bon Voyage Cathy!!! Give all those Looneys a hug from me xo

So glad you are feeling better :)

I heard back from the dive company they can squeeze 9 divers on the boat, and can do the resort course. Here is his reply

HI Andrea,

Thank you for the inquiry. I can accommodate you during your visit. however

we are 8 divers max. on the boats. We would be able to do the resort course

for those that need it. I could do a private charter for you for $850usd

which would include all you would need for gear and we could provide the

resort course as well. I can squeeze the 9th diver on and not have to crowd

the boat.

Let me know any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

Take care,

Danny Kupkowski

Off the Wall Divers

345-916-0303

www.otwdivers.com

www.facebook.com/pages/Seven-Mile-Beach/Off-The-Wall-Divers/

so I guess we need a head count for divers

Maybe you guys are going to have to use 2 different companies! With Nancy and Asa, that makes 11.

I seriously doubt it for fall 2012 and can guarantee it for 2013. Thats what I told Marie, looks like it will be RCCL afterall. But they will have a repo. cruise, so it might go to Hawaii. It will just be very expensive and completely booked very quickly! I bet they won't even allow a group to book it. But maybe they will move another ship in. Probably another spirit class ship I bet.

That is my take on it as well. I agree with all that Janet said.

We cruised Hawaii in `07 on NCL. It was not my favorite by far, however I was cruising Hawaii so all was good.;)

Waving to all SMDers..

I suppose most of the Looneys are in Miami now or will soon be.

Wishing them a fun cruise.. The only thing missing is all of us.:eek:

Hi Kathy. I got your check in the mail today for the Party boat excursion. Thanks! And yes, I agree it is a little strange to pay for an excursion before the cruise is paid for! lol

But we want the boat to ourselves, so pay we must! lol! I think it's going to be one of my favorite excursions!

Good evening SMDers. Just back from the Spurs game. They won again.

I haven't heard back from Rhonda yet, so I am going to email her to make sure that everything is alright.

Yup, I think Hawaii is out as far as the Spirit goes. I'm just glad we are going to sail on her again in June.

Bye Looneys. We know that ya'll are getting to bed now so you can get up early and sail away. Have a good time!

Andrea - we might want to get a list of those that want to do the dive (I thing there might be more then 9, so we may have to split up into 2 groups).

Janet - Yup it is the Mariner coming to Galveston. From the way I was reading the article, I don't think they will be replacing any ship in Ca for awhile.

Hi Bobbie and Nancy

OK, good night ya

Good afternoon SMDers. Where is everyone? Did ya'll run away with the Looneys. They should be under way by now. Hope they have a great cruise.

Watching the Steelers get beat up on (didn't Cathy say that would happen?).

OK, check back later

Well, I must say, the chatter bugs are cruisin' and this thread just stops?

Rich , I am wondering if the group rates are still good on this cruise. You know, since "certain sailings" still have theirs!:rolleyes: Anyway, I am wondering what the balcony cabins are going for these days.

Good morning SMDers. Up early this morning. Yup sure is quiet without the chat director, but we will make do. I know that if I hadn't had the cruise on the 27th of this month already booked, I would be on the Looney cruise now. Guess I have to wait for another 11 days.

While I'm in Galveston, I'm going to go by the Hotel Galvez and talk with Rhonda. I still haven't heard back from her either, but then there is still time.

Looks like the Steelers pulled one out last night and the Packers whooped. So, bring and on next two games!

Janet - I don't know what the rates are as I did not hear back from Johna on friday. She sent me an email saying that the rates were the same, but I thinking that they were the same as last month. I will know when she sends the rates, hopefully in the morning.

Hi Lori.

HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS?

The Carnival Magic is coming to Galveston, Texas!!!

================================================== ===========================================

Come join us for the "Spirit of the "Magic"al Dream" cruise.

This official CC group cruise is from Feb 26th through Mar 4, 2012 with the following itinerary.

Sunday, Feb 26 GALVESTON, TX 4:00pm

Monday, Feb 27 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Feb 28 COZUMEL, MEXICO 8:00am 4:00pm

Wednesday, Feb 29 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00am 4:00pm

Thursday, Mar 01 MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA 9:00am 6:00pm

Friday, Mar 02 FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday, Mar 03 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Mar 04 GALVESTON, TX 8:00am

Here is the list of those booked so far:

Rich & West – Group Leaders satex, early dining, 4C

Cathy & Kenny Cathy p, early dining

Lori & Don leaderdogmom, Anytime Dinning

Andrea & Dave flippr5657, Anytime Dinning

Janet & Judie jandjfun, None or Anytime Dinning, 4C, Judie's B-day cruise

Nancy & Asa lilnan

Chelle & Pat doddsm, 4B, Early Dinning

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Bobbie & Betty 1tuckersmom, Anytime Dinning, 8B, Bobbie's B-day

Ron & Carmen San Antonio, early dining, 4C

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Steven & Julie ChiBearsSuperFan & jbags58

Sherri & Mike She-ra, Late Dinning

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Fabian & Nessa Fabismommy

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Mimi & Andy Chicago,PoofytheCat,anytime,4C

Jennifer & Alan Steelejen,anytime,8C

Vicki & Kimi Oregon,MICKIDE

Lynda,Jennifer,Heather and Bonnie Toronto,Sunndyday2010,anytime,4C

Amy & husband

Migdelia and June San Antonio, 4C, anytime

Vickie and Kermit San Antonio, 4C

Madelene Fort Lauderdale

Who's next to be added to the list?

Here is a list of things that we will be doing while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director Cathy P

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Nachi Cocom Director Marie

Grand Cayman: ??? Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle Tour Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Chat Director – Cathy P

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

The official cruise hotel will be the Hotel Galvez in Galveston and those booking are:

1 Rich & West, 2 double beds

2 Vicki & Kimi, 2 double beds

3 Lori & Don, 1 queen/king

4 Cathy p & Kenny, 1 queen/king

5 Betty & Bobbie, 2 double beds

6 Chelle, Pat, Marie & Dawn, 2 double beds

7 Jennifer & Alan, 1 queen/king

8 Nancy & Asa, 2 double beds

9 Dave & Andrea, 1 queen/king

10 Jerod & Emilee, 1 queen/king

11 Mimi & Andy, 1 queen/king

12 Kermit and Vickie, 1 queen/king

13 Kathy and Gary, 1 queen/king

14 Ron and Carmen, 1 queen/king

15 Madelene, 2 double beds

16 Lynda,Jennifer,Bonnie & Heather, 2 double beds

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at Crucon.com (JohnaN@crucon.com) or call her at 1-800-493-6609 . Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for the Carnival Magic, Feb 26, 2012.

Once you have booked with Johna, please let me know so that I can add you to the list.

So who will be next to join in on the fun? Don't be shy;). Call Johna and book today. Come join the party.

Will you send me the rates, or better yet, post them here or on the business page for all to see. Judie and I are thinking that maybe maybe maybe we might might might want to go to a balcony. Plus Judie has a couple of customers that want to know the prices as well. But the nonsence with Carnival really makes it hard to find the prices. I bet that is really hurting the bookings on this cruise. :(

Well here is the answer to the Carnival Spirit. I just got it from a cruise agent.

In a major boost for the tourism industry, the world's largest cruise line - Carnival Cruise Lines - has announced that it will base one of its cruise ships fulltime in Australia. The 88,500 ton Carnival Spirit will be the largest cruise ship ever to sail year round from Australia when she arrives in Sydney in October 2012 to operate a schedule of 8-12 day voyages to the Pacific Islands. The move represents the first time Carnival Cruise Lines has ever ventured into Australian waters and reflects growing confidence in cruising in the region. Carrying 2,667 passengers, Carnival Spirit will be the first ship to be based in Sydney year round that is too tall to sail under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Rising nearly 53 meters above the waterline, Carnival Spirit is more than three meters taller than the specified clearance height for ships passing under the Bridge. Because of its height, Carnival Spirit will be based at the only cruise facility east of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay's Overseas Passenger Terminal.

It won't be the Spirit going to Hawaii in 2013. So, I guess that this summer will be the last time I sail the Spirit.

Janet - as soon as I hear back from Johna I will post the group prices for everyone.

Hey Betty - The Jets won! Now can they beat the Steelers? Its going to be a good game. And the Bears and the Pack go head to head next week. With Jay Culter's history of choking, I am going with Green Bay.

Slow weekend on the board since all the Looneys are gone, so I will check back in tomorrow. Hopefully, I will have an answer from both Johna and Rhonda.

Well, I must say, the chatter bugs are cruisin' and this thread just stops?

Rich , I am wondering if the group rates are still good on this cruise. You know, since "certain sailings" still have theirs!:rolleyes: Anyway, I am wondering what the balcony cabins are going for these days.

I have emails that Johna sent me, because I was just inquiring about the balconies. I just have the info on coves, aft, and aft wraps. I will email it to you. :p

Good morning SMDers! I hope you all had a great weekend. I am jealous of my kids, because they have today off of school, but I have to work. :(

It's ok about the diving. If the boat is full, we will find something else to do. It was just something we may have been interested in. No biggie.:)

Archived