*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

I can not make any flight plans until SWA opens up those dates and I have not idea when that will be. Just still a long time from now.:(

That`s the bad news, the good news is that I will book the very day the dates open, because this one will be free. Well except for the $10.00 tax deal.

If there was someone to ride along with me, I would just drive. I could very easily and I would not mind or be afraid to do it, just that I am so bored driving alone.:(

Our DS works for an oil company in South Alabama. The home office is in Houston. He has to go over there a couple times each month, so if the time is right he just might have an extra person to ride along.

He has a company vehicle and always drives (will not fly, bad experience a few years ago) so it would be real easy for him to drop me at the Hotel.;)

Do hope everyone has had a great week-end, our weather has been great beyond words.

My phone says the temp is 78 degrees now...Love it!!!!!!!

Bye Y`all...

I think it is so funny how the airlines make you go to timbucktoo in order to go 2 or 3 states away! I was messing around last night, and one airline made Judie go to NY before she could go to Hobby. It makes me go to seattle at one point. Maybe I will need to fly out of Phoenix. shhh...Pat doesn't like driving to Phoeniz. It's a long way out, so I guess I will wait and see what happens. We do have a lot of credit with Jet blue though so it would be nice to fly with them.

Marie - Hello

Janet - I just checked and JetBlue does fly into Houston Hobby

Here are the list of airlines that go into Hobby:

Houston Hobby Airport Airlines

• AirTran
  • American
  • Delta
  • JetBlue
  • Southwest

Bobbie - I was looking to see when the dates for Feb 2012 would be released by Southwest, but they are not available yet.

Hi Chelle

Marie - Hello

• AirTran
  • American
  • Delta
  • JetBlue
  • Southwest

Bobbie - I was looking to see when the dates for Feb 2012 would be released by Southwest, but they are not available yet.

Hi Chelle

Hi Rich, I know that we will be coming into Bush instead of Hobby because we need to use Alaska for free miles.

Again, as soon as we get closer, we can figure out the rest.

We have free miles with Alaska too, but if we don't use the jetblue miles we will lose them. They are from cancelling the Splendor (not our choice of course) and we only can use them until Oct. I think. One year from the day we originally booked the flights. I am hoping that if we book before then, the flight doesn't have to happen before then. :confused:

I will look at the Alaska flights too.

Chelle - free airfare is GREAT. I will check on the other options from Bush. I think that SuperShuttle is still going to be the cheapest from Bush. Its $145 to the Hotel Galvez and that the rate for up to 10 people plus bags. If Janet and Judie do use Alaska air then it would be cheaper for the shuttle per person.

Janet - I think you have to use the airfare before the expiration date. Sorry

I'll keep checking.

Rich, I hope you are wrong. But I think you are right. I better call the airline and find out for sure.

I just looked at alaska and they want me to go to Chicago first, then to TX. Is that nuts or what!! The fairs are so freakin high too. It would be cheaper to drive even if the gas goes up to 5 bucks a gallon by then!

I thought it would be cheaper to fly to TX. than florida! Boy was I worng!

My next stop is mapquest to see how far the drive will be.:rolleyes:

Marie - Hello

• AirTran
  • American
  • Delta
  • JetBlue
  • Southwest

Unfortunately, the JetBlue flights out of Portland do not go to Houston :(. I really like flying JetBlue but will just have to wait and see what kind of deal I can get once the dates open up.

Good morning SMDers. Suppose to be another great day here today. For me, I have to go back to the hand surgeon today for a follow up. Sure would be nice to get this thing off my wrist, but that's not going to happen for at least another 4 weeks:(.

Janet - I know what you mean about flights. Years ago West was going to fly up to Seattle to see his son in the navy and the cheapest flight from San Antonio had him flying to Atlanta, then on to Seattle. Go figure? Now on the mileage, I was looking about driving to Vegas and I think Kingman was about 17 hours to San Antonio and the another 4 hours to Galveston. And if you do decide to drive, then you will have to take an extra day or two so ya'll can stop in San Antonio:D.

Vicki - isn't that funny at how Jetblue services both Portland and Houston, yet you can't fly from Portland to Houston.

Unfortunately, the JetBlue flights out of Portland do not go to Houston :(. I really like flying JetBlue but will just have to wait and see what kind of deal I can get once the dates open up.

Vicki, did you get that e-mail from Rich about SW airlines Credit card?

That is also a way to go, if you do not already have free miles for the trip with another airline.

Good morning, SMDers!

Happy Monday to all and Presidents Day to all that don't have to work today!!!

Beautiful day in Lady Lake today. Once again the next week will be sunny and in the 80's. OMG I am loving this.

Sorry I was not on yesterday, however, I had to take Kenny to the hospital on Sat. night. He could not take a deep breath and with his Asbestosis we need to keep track of the ole lungs. Well after a 6 hour night there he has an upper respitory infection and the doctor made me feel great with the fact that for Asbestosis he really has great looking lungs. So we left at 4:25 am and went to Denny's to celebrate. So yesterday was flopping in the chair and watching the race.

Oh my poor Jr he almost made it to the end but once again bad luck. Speaking of races where is my race buddy Andrea been. I have not heard from here in a bit. That is not like here or is she on vacation again and I missed it?

Hi to all and will check back later, off to the grocery store for charcoal as we are having London Broil on the grill tomorrow and I want to make sure I have it. Plus we need some other stuff.

Chat later.

Kathy, we were just discussing this on FB. It makes me sort of nervous cuz we want to fly in the day of the cruise. (if we fly) I guess we just need to wait and see. One thing for sure, we won't be alone. There will be 3000 people in the same "boat".

Rich I did mapquest, and it said the trip is about 22 hours!:eek::eek: But that is better than 900 bucks! Not to worry now though I guess. There is always SW.

Cathy, Andrea has been very very sick lately. She is just now starting to feel a small bit better.

Kathy, we were just discussing this on FB. It makes me sort of nervous cuz we want to fly in the day of the cruise. (if we fly) I guess we just need to wait and see. One thing for sure, we won't be alone. There will be 3000 people in the same "boat".

Rich I did mapquest, and it said the trip is about 22 hours!:eek::eek: But that is better than 900 bucks! Not to worry now though I guess. There is always SW.

Cathy, Andrea has been very very sick lately. She is just now starting to feel a small bit better.

I think maybe to book an extra night at the end of our cruise is what I may do if I drive or fly.

Betty and I are kicking around the idea of her flying to New Orleans and riding on to the port with me. If that is what she decides then I will drive.

It is 11 1/2 hours for me to drive it and I have to go thru N.O. on Interstate 10 so I would just take a side trip by the airport pick her up and away we go to meet y`all.;)

Waving to Rich, Janet, Vicki, Chelle, Marie and Cathyp..

Cathy sure hope Kenny is feeling much better today..

Janet how is your sick gang doing now? Did they all get over the crud??

Bobbie, do you live near New Orleans? Judie and I are dying to take a cruise from there. But we want to spend a few days in N O first. We really wanted to go, but then Katrina hit, and I felt like what we wanted to see around N O would be gone. But maybe we need to do it anyway.

OOPs. Yes everyone has the crud! Nina went back to work today (still coughing) Pat is really cranky today if you ask me, and Katie has built herself a tent in the comuter room and is laying in it coughing and coloring. Me? I think so far, I am OK. Started sneezing this AM. But I think thats normal for me. Thanks for asking!

Hey, Janet, hope you are feeling better soon. Out in the desert you would think you would have no alergies and the weather would be perfect.

Andrea, I am so sorry to hear you have been real ill. I sure hope you are feeling much better really soon. Thank you, Janet, for letting me know.

Hi to Bobbie and everyone else.

Thanks for the well wishes for Kenny. He is a trooper. God Bless him.

Alright, good news!!! The cast is OFF! The scar looks pretty nasty with the 14 stitches, bit that too will heal.

Bobbie - I think that is a great idea for you and Betty. I don't mind driving and I would drive rather then fly. But then again, I only have a 4 hour drive.

Cathy p - glad to hear that Kenny is better and that your enjoying the Florida weather. OK, now who is this guy that won yesterday?

Kathy - don't even think about fog and Galveston. We cruised once and ended up in the lobby of the terminal for 8 hours waiting for the fog to lift and then to let everyone off the ship. We ended up going to Progresso instead of Cozumel. No fun waiting for the fog, but it was only to one time.

Janet - Carnival is changing the ships in NO. The Triumph will be going to Galveston in Sept and the Magic will join it in Dec. Then IN Oct the Conquest will depart for NO giving them two ship instead of the one they now have.

Andrea - hope your feeling better but the countdown must continue so with that we now have

53 Weeks before we cruise on the new Carnival Magic!!!

Rich, that is great news about the cast!! How is you knee?

I think a the conquest would be a pretty good ship. I have never been on that class of ship. So that's something to look forward to.

Cathy, I am not sick, just everyone around me!! I am fighting off their cooties!!:D

Well, I woke up with a weepy gooey eye yesterday, and again today, but this afternoon it seems to be better

We will see what tomorrow brings.

I hope everyone starts to get better

what ever it is that has you by the ____

well, you know what I mean :eek:

Welcome KitKat. Looks like we are both from Texas. We would love for ya'll to join us for your 8th B-day. This group of cruisers has but one priority: to have a good time! As you can see, we already have excursions planned, ie party boat, bar bus hop and others. The rates are on the business pages and if ya do decide to join us, call Johan and book before the prices go up.

We'd love to have y'all.

Marie - take care of that eye.

GEEZ!!! We sound like a bunch of old people whinning about whatever ails us! lol! I think the weather has been harse this year, and it has taken it's toll on our health!! I hope everyone feels better soon!

Welcome Kitkat!! Let us know when you book so you can get an offical welcome to the group!!

Archived