*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Good Morning SMDer's

This cruise feels so real now that Chelle has our Tix all sewn up

I called the Hotel Galvez, and Booked for Friday along with our Sat.

Very nice lady Jennifer, gave us the same group price, for all who were wondering, Yes you can get the same price. Sweet :p

Today I also get to go hang out with the dentist.

This pain is not going away, I even did (Faithfully) penicillin for a week

so this abscess is not leave town with out a fight I guess.

Now the question, Crown or Pull the thing...I think I will Crown it, if I can get it done for under 750, my share of the bill after insurance.

We'll see...It is toward the back, but like Julie, I like to smile BIG! :D

Boy Howdy, renting a car in Houston, and driving to Galveston is not looking so good :eek:

There are more $$ in taxes and fee than the actual cost of renting the stupid car.

Like say for the week it Cost $200, there are over $300 in taxes and fees :eek:

The Shuttle for us will work just fine I am guessing :p

Looks like it is $145 for the 1st pass. and all the rest go free up to 10 ;)

$14.50 each if we have 10.

So, now why don't you all come in on Friday with us, and we can shuttle down together :p

Either that or a limo, I think that is even cheaper than renting a car.

We aren't planning on flying in until Saturday :(. I'll be checking for plane tickets regularly, but probably won't book our flight until we are completely done paying for the cruise, just in case something happens. If airfare gets to a reasonable cost, we may be able to stay the extra night, but for now don't count on us til Saturday.

Happy Monday to you all! It's going to be a very stressful and teary day for me. My baby girl is spreading her wings and I've been bawling for a week! She is 17 and chose to graduate a trimester early so she is done with school and is flying to LA tonight to stay with her half sister and try to find a job and start her "adult" life. So much to learn...and she's leaving a very sad mommy behind. But she will be back to walk with her class in June and it's only a 2 hr flight for momma! May be able to slip a little 3 day cruise on Paradise in there once in a while too LOL.

It's going to be a very stressful and teary day for me. My baby girl is spreading her wings and I've been bawling for a week!

Oh but no worries about an empty nest...my 23 yr old son will never leave his momma! He's tried twice and found his way home both times LOL!

We aren't planning on flying in until Saturday :(. I'll be checking for plane tickets regularly, but probably won't book our flight until we are completely done paying for the cruise, just in case something happens. If airfare gets to a reasonable cost, we may be able to stay the extra night, but for now don't count on us til Saturday.

Happy Monday to you all! It's going to be a very stressful and teary day for me. My baby girl is spreading her wings and I've been bawling for a week! She is 17 and chose to graduate a trimester early so she is done with school and is flying to LA tonight to stay with her half sister and try to find a job and start her "adult" life. So much to learn...and she's leaving a very sad mommy behind. But she will be back to walk with her class in June and it's only a 2 hr flight for momma! May be able to slip a little 3 day cruise on Paradise in there once in a while too LOL.

No worries, there is plenty of time before we even have to make arrangements. I was just checking it out.

It just turned out air fare was way cheaper for us to fly in on Friday. (1/2 the Miles needed), so an extra day at the hotel sounds great, if we can manage to get there:p

They do not make it easy to get from Houston to Galv. for week end cruisers

If you do rent a car, it has to be turned in by noon on Sat in Gal.

They close at noon on Sat and closed on Sundays.

Key drop? who is willing to park the car and drop keys, and worry the whole cruise that someone didn't come by and vandalize the thing.

Maybe the Shuttle and Limo folks have the corner on the trans. market.

Or maybe all the car rental places went out of biz. with the 12 different fees and Taxes they have to add.

Really there was a couple of taxes associated with the sport venues. Got to pay for them some how, why not out of the visitors wallet. Not mine thank you :rolleyes:

I did that same thing to my parents 35 years ago. Grad. in Jan, and took off to CA to live with my sister for a while

Vicki- Sorry you are sad your daughter is leaving the nest. You can be proud that she is able to do so. I hope she is able to find something that she will enjoy (and pay the bills ;)).

Marie- Sorry about your pain. Sounds like you got a good deal for the flights. At least you will be relaxed by the time the cruise starts.

Good afternoon SMDers. A cold front came through this morning and its only getting up into the lower 80's today. Sorry Vicki.

Sherri - we could use a little bit of that rain here. Not a drop in two months.

Andrea - Congrats on being the Grand Caymen Excursions Director. Thanks for looking for the resort beach day for the others. And yes, if the two are that close, then we can join them after the diving. Sorry to hear about Dave's tan.

Lori - 79? Wow, sounds like your having a heat wave this early in the spring. At that rate, Don will never loss his tan.

Marie/Chelle - I had no idea about all the taxes and fees you have to pay for the car rental. But should y'all decide to get the car, we will get you back to the hotel after you turn it back in. Glad to hear that you did not have any problems with getting the same rate for the night before

Vicki - sorry to hear about your daughter, but she will see that growing up isn't really that easy as they think it is.

Good morning Kathy.

OK y'all, once you do get your airline reservations, if you would please email them to me so I can try to put as many as possible on one shuttle. That way y'all can get the best rate. Remember, that more (up to 10) on one shuttle, the cheaper it will be. And remember, that if possible, flying into Houston Hobby is closer to Galveston and the rate for the shuttle is $100 per shuttle verses $145 for Houston International.

Alright, back to work today and I still have so running around to do, so I'd better get moving. Back later.

Good afternoon SMDers. A cold front came through this morning and its only getting up into the lower 80's today. Sorry Vicki.

Sherri - we could use a little bit of that rain here. Not a drop in two months.

Andrea - Congrats on being the Grand Caymen Excursions Director. Thanks for looking for the resort beach day for the others. And yes, if the two are that close, then we can join them after the diving. Sorry to hear about Dave's tan.

Lori - 79? Wow, sounds like your having a heat wave this early in the spring. At that rate, Don will never loss his tan.

Marie/Chelle - I had no idea about all the taxes and fees you have to pay for the car rental. But should y'all decide to get the car, we will get you back to the hotel after you turn it back in. Glad to hear that you did not have any problems with getting the same rate for the night before

Vicki - sorry to hear about your daughter, but she will see that growing up isn't really that easy as they think it is.

Good morning Kathy.

OK y'all, once you do get your airline reservations, if you would please email them to me so I can try to put as many as possible on one shuttle. That way y'all can get the best rate. Remember, that more (up to 10) on one shuttle, the cheaper it will be. And remember, that if possible, flying into Houston Hobby is closer to Galveston and the rate for the shuttle is $100 per shuttle verses $145 for Houston International.

Alright, back to work today and I still have so running around to do, so I'd better get moving. Back later.

Rich, not sure if Chelle sent you our info or not, but I posted it on here for all to see :eek:

And it seems Alaska doesn't go to Hobby, so the money we saved on air fare we will be putting towards that shuttle.

I guess if it is only the 3 of us, 50 each is better than the cost of a taxi :o

But we are not worrying till we get allot closer to cruise time.

Boy Howdy, renting a car in Houston, and driving to Galveston is not looking so good :eek:

There are more $$ in taxes and fee than the actual cost of renting the stupid car.

Like say for the week it Cost $200, there are over $300 in taxes and fees :eek:

The Shuttle for us will work just fine I am guessing :p

Looks like it is $145 for the 1st pass. and all the rest go free up to 10

$14.50 each if we have 10.

So, now why don't you all come in on Friday with us, and we can shuttle down together :p

Either that or a limo, I think that is even cheaper than renting a car.

Marie, Betty and I booked the 24th. and 25th. at The Galvaz from the beginning. We talked it over then decided we needed an extra day to sightsee and relax before we relax on the ship.:p

We are hoping that Madelene will be able to join us at that time too.

We would love to share a shuttle with you guys if we can coordinate flights and ect. I like to save $$ if I can.

I do have to wait until SWA comes out with their Feb. schedule before I book my flight, as that is the only airline that I can book an awards seat on.

Had miles on Delta but used the most of them last December.

Not sure which airline Betty will use, but we talked some about coordinating our flights so that we arrive someplace around the same times in Houston.

I too will be flying home on March 4th. Nine or ten days of me being gone is about all that I can get out of Ed. At the end of that time he is tired of looking after my Dad and the furkids. lol

I will keep you posted, when I can book a flight.

Vicki hang in. You will learn to cope with DD moving away, but it does take awhile.

We are gonna have to hold on again for another rough ride due to thunderstorms this afternoon and early evening.:eek:

We are having super warm weather and I`m lovin it, but the winds that are coming.......NOT!!!

Wind I HATE!!!!

Waving to everyone, and Rich if you need me to be the Steakhouse director then I can handle that...lol

I`m back again! Earlier I forgot to wish Marie good luck with the Dentist trip and with whatever she decided to do with the tooth....

I vote crown...Lots of $$$ yes, but save the tooth if you can is my take on it...:)

Just read on the board that ours will not be the Bloggers cruise.....bummer but it will not keep me from having fun just the same.:p

Guess the Bloggers will be boarding after they "throw" us off the ship.....:eek:

Ok gang that`s it for me for today. I still have oddles of things to get done today and an errand of two that needs to be done before I cook supper....Bye!!!

Just read on the board that ours will not be the Bloggers cruise.....bummer but it will not keep me from having fun just the same.:p

Guess the Bloggers will be boarding after they "throw" us off the ship.....:eek:

Is it official now? On John's FB yesterday he asked for thoughts on this. Tentatively it is going to be the March 4th sailing, but there were lots of votes for our sailing too. Either way, I kind of hope he's still our CD, Blogger's cruise or not :o.

Only 2 more hours til we leave for the airport. I have a friend going with us so she can drive home since I seriously doubt that I'll be able too. When I left work at noon, Kimi gave me a hug and I totally lost it. Wow...just going to be weird! Thanks everyone for your comments and Rich, I still wish I was there and WARM!

Is it official now? On John's FB yesterday he asked for thoughts on this. Tentatively it is going to be the March 4th sailing, but there were lots of votes for our sailing too. Either way, I kind of hope he's still our CD, Blogger's cruise or not :o.

Yea Vicki I would say pretty much offical.

Host Mach posted that John has said it looks as if March 12, 2012 would be B5 cruise.

He (Host Mach) is looking to see how much intrest there is in a CC group cruise for that date.

Host Mach seems to be in the know on most of those things so I would say yes that will be the date...

Whatever!!!! We are still going to have a great time....

This will be my third cruise with some of this group, my second time with some of them, and one thing I know, we will not need the Bloggers to have a super, fun cruise:-)

Yea Vicki I would say pretty much offical.

Host Mach posted that John has said it looks as if March 12, 2012 would be B5 cruise.

Well this is totally different that what he posted on FB, March 12th wasn't even mentioned. And you are right, we will have a great time no matter what!

This is what John posted on FB yesterday:

John Heald

moving more towards March 5th for BC5 on Carnival Magic......before spring break, after Mardi Gras and it fits into my schedule as well. Any thoughts?

Hello everyone!

I just took some time and was looking at the deck plans for the Magic. I was pleasantly surprised to see Carnival breaking out of their comfort zone with a couple of things.

First, it seems they added an Italian family-style restaurant. Not sure if there is a cover charge though.

Second, they have a Pub. There are "pub style" snacks available, for a fee. Also seems you can buy beer by the pint, pitcher or something that is 101oz!

They tucked the Steakhouse down low and kinda crammed it into a corner on a lower deck. I always like the way they were open with the grand ceiling. Im sure we will go and it will be nice to see the difference.

Much like the Dream, they have the large outdoor screen. Never sat and watched it but I heard they showed movies out there in the evenings. They also have the Waterworks area with two slides and the adults only Serenity area with a couple of smaller spas.

Since all the Carnival ships I have been on before have been very similiar, it will be nice to see this new design and layout.

Last one to the Pub for a 101oz beer is a rotton SMDer!

Hi all, I am home

Well, didn't pull it, or anything yet...

now I am on another 10 days of Antibiotics. American LOL

and then at the end of the month a root Canal, would rather that be the Panama Canal, cost about the same LOL

anyway, no pulling or crown YET

101oz of beer COUNT ME IN! Can you swim in that much beer?

Steven - The pub is going to be called Red Frog Pub. See ya there:D. And I will watch one of the movies on the big screen one night.

Marie - I vote for the Panama Canal!

Congrats to Bobbie, our new Steakhouse Dining Director. Thanks Bobbie. Just let me know which night you choose so I can up it on the schedule.

Bloggers or no bloggers, we have Spirited Magical Dreamers and we are going to have a blast! Enough of that.

Well this is totally different that what he posted on FB, March 12th wasn't even mentioned. And you are right, we will have a great time no matter what!

This is what John posted on FB yesterday:

John Heald

moving more towards March 5th for BC5 on Carnival Magic......before spring break, after Mardi Gras and it fits into my schedule as well. Any thoughts?

Correction!!!! I typed the wrong date, you are correct....Host Mach said March 4, 2012...

My mistake that I posted the 12th.:o

101oz of beer COUNT ME IN! Can you swim in that much beer?

Steven - The pub is going to be called Red Frog Pub. See ya there:D. And I will watch one of the movies on the big screen one night.

Marie - I vote for the Panama Canal!

Congrats to Bobbie, our new Steakhouse Dining Director. Thanks Bobbie. Just let me know which night you choose so I can up it on the schedule.

Bloggers or no bloggers, we have Spirited Magical Dreamers and we are going to have a blast! Enough of that.

I'm not big on beer but I love FROGS, especially Tree Frogs, so I'll be there if for no other reason but to take pictures of you all swimming in 101 of Beer :D

Correction!!!! I typed the wrong date, you are correct....Host Mach said March 4, 2012...

My mistake that I posted the 12th.:o

Well Bobbie, it is in 2012, so that is where you got that. Easy mistake

At least if Madeline wants to do the Bloggers cruise, she can make it a B2B

The Carnival Magic is coming to Galveston, Texas!!!

==================================================

Come join us for the "Spirit of the "Magic"al Dream" cruise.

This official CC group cruise is from Feb 26th through Mar 4, 2012 with the following itinerary.

Sunday, Feb 26 GALVESTON, TX 4:00pm

Monday, Feb 27 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Feb 28 COZUMEL, MEXICO 8:00am 4:00pm

Wednesday, Feb 29 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00am 4:00pm

Thursday, Mar 01 MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA 9:00am 6:00pm

Friday, Mar 02 FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday, Mar 03 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Mar 04 GALVESTON, TX 8:00am

Here is the list of those booked so far:

Rich & West – Group Leaders satex, early dining, 4C

Lori & Don leaderdogmom, Anytime Dinning

Andrea & Dave flippr5657, Anytime Dinning

Janet & Judie jandjfun, None or Anytime Dinning, 4C, Judie's B-day cruise

Nancy & Asa lilnan

Chelle & Pat doddsm, 4B, Early Dinning

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Bobbie & Betty 1tuckersmom, Anytime Dinning, 8B, Bobbie's B-day

Ron & Carmen San Antonio, early dining, 4C

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Steven & Julie ChiBearsSuperFan & jbags58

Sherri & Mike She-ra, Late Dinning

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Fabian & Nessa Fabismommy

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Vicki & Kimi Oregon,MICKIDE

Migdelia and June San Antonio, 4C, anytime

Vickie and Kermit San Antonio, 4C

Madelene Fort Lauderdale

Pat & Sadie, East of New Orleans, 8c

Who's next to be added to the list?

Here is a list of things that we will be doing while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director?

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director Bobbie

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Paradise Beach - Director Marie

Grand Cayman: Diving Tour - Tour Director Andrea

Beach Resort - Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle tour - Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

The official cruise hotel will be the Hotel Galvez in Galveston (information on the hotel is located in the business pages):

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at ******.com (JohnaN@******.com) or call her at 1-800-493-6609 . Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for the Carnival Magic, Feb 26, 2012.

Once you have booked with Johna, please let me know so that I can add you to the list.

So who will be next to join in on the fun? Don't be shywink.gif. Call Johna and book today. Come join the party.

Well Bobbie, it is in 2012, so that is where you got that. Easy mistake

At least if Madeline wants to do the Bloggers cruise, she can make it a B2B

Thanks Marie you know that I want to say that I have _ _ _, but you know how I get in trouble for that so I will just not say anything....:D

I know when Madelene and Betty was on the Glory John had for the most part said it would be the week of our cruise, but guess someone changed all that.

But one thing we know it is going to be a GREAT cruise for us!

You did see the post where I said Betty and I are flying in on the 24th.? I`ve looked and think I can fly in around 4, 4:30 and that would work fine. Just got to get Betty in sometime around the same time.

Sure wishing you luck with the root canal...True that you can almost pay for a cruise for what it cost.:eek: My last one was about a year and a half ago and I still paid ALOT above what the ins. paid.....Good grief, what do they cost so much?:(

Waving to Steve and Rich... and Rich you are welcome.

One last thing!!!!! I`ll bet Madelene would love a B2B.:) I would too, but # 1 no $$$$ and #2, DH would veto the idea....lol

Night all....

Good night Bobbie.

Just a reminder for those that are booking the hotel. They will not charge you credit card until you check out. So you can make the reservation without any deposit. So, lets start booking those rooms:D. Here is the link to the hotel information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1341279

Andrea - what airline are you getting the deal on out of Seattle? I usually go with Alaska if the fairs are close so I may end up joining Marie and Chelle.

Marie and Chelle - I plan to arrive on Friday also so I'm on board with the shuttle.

Dale and I are having lunch Wednesday so hopefully I'll know if Pete's going or not and can start getting some stuff booked.

I haven't asked for the time off yet; my boss has told me he won't approve leave this far out. I'm supposed to work the week-end we return, BUT "they" don't like us to miss a scheduled week-end (once a month national guard duty). I think it's time for an exception.

Have a great week!

-Sherri

Archived