Sapphire Cabin Choice

augies

I would take the Emerald mini suite. I love the extra room in the mini suite bathroom and the sitting area. Your balcony will also be larger than an Aloha balcony cabin. The only reports of noise in the Emerald mini suites are the last 2-3 cabins on the portside and directly over the Club Fusion stage. I have not heard of any noise reports in E718.

No doubt at all - for me it would be E718. Love those mini-suites with the fully covered large balcony.
No contest. An AD mini-suite which will be very quiet and private (you won't hear anything from Club Fusion unless you're one of the last two cabins on the port side) any day of the week. The Aloha balcony cabin is the same size as an oceanview cabin and you'd have a small (9'x4') balcony. Plus, it's under a public deck and you'll hear people walking, power washing avery early in the morning, etc.

My choice would be neither of those.

While a Mini is nice for the extra space, I have found that there's not a huge benefit to have 2 TVs that are essentially in the same room. The bathroom has a tub, but the higher tub side makes climbing in and out a bit dicey, especially if the ride is "bumpy". I only sat on the sofa long enough to do my daily emailings to my family.

MY first choice for an AK cruise is an aftward (as in C 700-something) Caribe balcony cabin. The large half-covered balcony is the best for enjoying the views and for photo taking ...... When it was a drizzly day, I was able to be out there as much as I wanted to. We even did the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast on a "scenic cruising" morning, in a light rain, without getting wet. And we had the uncovered portion of the balcony for when the sun broke through the clouds for a lovely sunny afternoon.

Archived