Just upsold ourselves

mjl1960

:D We were sitting around looking at the different types of cabins, and the prices. Ended up talking ourselves into upgrading from a balcony to a Ocean Suite on the Valor in November for a couple hundred dollars more.

Our only worry is that we will get spoiled with all the extra room and balcony. Anyone else have experience with this?

:D We were sitting around looking at the different types of cabins, and the prices. Ended up talking ourselves into upgrading from a balcony to a Ocean Suite on the Valor in November for a couple hundred dollars more.

Our only worry is that we will get spoiled with all the extra room and balcony. Anyone else have experience with this?

I've done mainly balcony cabins (all but one cruise...) and had a few Grand Suites thrown in. I didn't miss the GS at all. The extra space was nice and the 'OOOOO' and 'AHHHH' factor was fun but it was a BUNCH of extra dollars!!!

:)

For our 1st cruise this last October, DH & I booked an inside on the Empress deck. Then after a few days, we decided we wanted an OV & picked an odd shaped one that had 2 windows. Then a few weeks later, we went to Galveston for the afternoon & picked it on a Sunday so we could watch the Conquest sail. Well, we then decided we wanted a balcony & came home & started researching the deck plans. The next day, I called our travel agent & we went with an aft wrap. LOL! Loved it! But, we can't do that on our December cruise & I know I will miss the big balcony. One day, we will do an aft wrap cabin again & hoping a suite at some point.

Enjoy!!!

Our Valor cruise was in an OS (upgrade call)... and yes, we are spoiled now. Loved the space and especcially the Vanity area! We are booked in a balcony on the Liberty and I'm praying so bad for an upsell call for the suite price to go down just a little!!!

We're also having an OS on our next cruise....our first! And, I'm worried about the same thing:o We've always had a balcony and we love it....I'm just hoping we can go back after this cruise!!:eek:

We're also having an OS on our next cruise....our first! And, I'm worried about the same thing:o We've always had a balcony and we love it....I'm just hoping we can go back after this cruise!!:eek:

You can go back!!! Trust me.... We did...:D

I keep up-selling myself, and the come to my senses when I check the bank account thankfully!

We are in a 9B for our 12/11 cruise, and I keep going... but I want the suite! Oh I will just get it.

Then I go but it's only like 50 more sq feet... and right now the prices come out to being close to $23 per sq foot more. Yeah...

I am so hoping that up-sell fairy doesn't call me and say "Do you want it for $400 more?" I set myself that price now and I swear I will stick to it :D

We took an upsell to a suite on the Splendor in '09; my favorite part was the VIP embarkation! We've been on 3 or 4 since then...all balconies, no suites. For our December cruise we've got one of those funky L-shaped 8A's with the big balcony. Those are awesome; big balcony at regular balcony price! ;)

Cruise 1 was three of us women in a Grand Suite (formerly called Penthouse Suite).

Cruise 2 was a nice, mid-ship balcony for DH and I.

Cruise 3 was an aft balcony for us three gals again.

The space in the Grand Suite was GREAT for three people, but as long as I have access to a balcony, it's all good. :)

We did the aft balcony on the last cruise on the Splendor. We were right next to the Aft wrap, so could look over there, and it is impressive, though the room configuration is a little different also, and if I remember right, there is no couch (but who needs a couch with all that balcony space?). We would probably do a wrap though. The biggest reason we went with the OS this time is because it has a tub, and gf wanted to have one. The VIP check in will be nice also.

I've done mainly balcony cabins (all but one cruise...) and had a few Grand Suites thrown in. I didn't miss the GS at all. The extra space was nice and the 'OOOOO' and 'AHHHH' factor was fun but it was a BUNCH of extra dollars!!!

:)

Good because right now an inside and daily massage sounds like the best of use of funds...I bet the comparison would match or be less than the suite...LOL and to each their own and what they can afford of course...:)...how are you Mach?? Good I hope..sarah

We are kind of splurging this cruise. If we do an Alaska, definitely would have to do a Suite or Balcony, but have thought about doing a 3 or 4 day cruise out of Long Beach or San Pedro and just doing an inside, just to get on the ship for a long weekend at an affordable price. The food is the same, and all the public areas are still there for our use...so why not? But it is nice to be able to walk out on the balcony when I am waiting for the GF to get ready, or early in the morning pulling into port.

we're booked on Liberty 9/24 in OV. checking prices today and balcony on Empress going for just $100 more total ($50/pp). I emailed TA and she said it'll be $200 more - $100 more for room + $50/pp more for change fee. I thought there was no change fee if we are moving up to a higher category. anyone with experience with this?

Archived