Birth Certificate question- No flamine please :)

buglver066

One of the girls that we are traveling with---her Mom is using her birth certificate. Problem is as with most woman- her birth certificate does not match her license. This is easy with people like me- I just take my marriage certificate and I'm good to go. Well my friends Mom has been married and divorced several times so that's really not possible with her. Is she going to be ok or does she have to track everything down? Thanks!!!!

She will have to have her birth certificate and the document that matches her up with her last name now...they have to have the docs that can show her who she is now...her latest marriage cert should have her maiden name on it so that will match her birth cert and her married name which is on her license...

All your friend needs to do is show the birth certificate plus the marriage license that shows the last name that matches her photo ID. BUT... if she is not cruising for at least six months or so, I'd bite the bullet and get a passport.

Her cruise docs and her drivers license must match. Her b.c. of course has her maiden name like all married women.......unless they don't change their name in marriage.

She will be fine with that as long as she has the correct birth certificate. Any rumors that anyone has been turned away is because they had the incorrect birth certificate or id.....

The only time you need to take your marriage cert is if your docs and id don't match.......say you booked in your maiden name and your license was in your married name......

All your friend needs to do is show the birth certificate plus the marriage license that shows the last name that matches her photo ID. BUT... if she is not cruising for at least six months or so, I'd bite the bullet and get a passport.

Yup....Next week :eek:. I've worried about everything else and this just hit me. I called to ask her today!

When I cruised I took a copy of my marriage license just in case and was not asked for it. I guess it just depends on who's viewing the documents.

That's what I normally do but I have never been asked for it. I just would hate for her to get there and be stuck. Thanks!

She will have to have her birth certificate and the document that matches her up with her last name now...they have to have the docs that can show her who she is now...her latest marriage cert should have her maiden name on it so that will match her birth cert and her married name which is on her license...

Thanks! That is what I was told when I called to. Sometimes the people on here are more knowledgable than Carnival employees so I figured it didn't hurt to ask here too ;)

That's what I normally do but I have never been asked for it. I just would hate for her to get there and be stuck. Thanks!

You weren't asked for it because it is not required........ OP just go to the Carnival website and print out what is required......

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=travel+documentation#q-544391

Archived