Exit 8 on the Mass Pike...

RYMOMA

going to NYC port for NCL Gem in November.

I have seen comments about the bus from Braintree, Amtrak from Boston, Springfield and everywhere else, and many other options

My main question is I am trying to get 4 people to the pier for less than what it cost to park at the pier...basically $210 and maybe no hassle of driving to the pier.

if I have to drive, which I have done before for non-cruise travel, are there sleep park cruise hotels in NJ that will get the 4 of us to the pier and back, and which ones are the closest to the pier, of course driving in the day before, after we get out of work.

if by bus, or other forms of transportation, what do you recommend for less than $210..and Amtrak discount with NCL is out since we travel is during a blackout period.

138east, you have a wealth of knowledge; can you please help?

Everyone else is also welcome to provide me with your wonderful tidbits of information.

And I am happy to answer any question you may propose.... :)

I don't have a good answer for you. The only park/sleep with NYC port transportation is Embassy Suites in Secaucus and my guess is that it will be more than $210 for 4 people. They get you to the port, but you have to pay to get back. The only other thing I can think of is to park at Port Imperial in Weekhawken and take the ferry across to NYC. There was a discussion on another thread this week about doing that.

I don't have a good answer for you. The only park/sleep with NYC port transportation is Embassy Suites in Secaucus and my guess is that it will be more than $210 for 4 people. They get you to the port, but you have to pay to get back. The only other thing I can think of is to park at Port Imperial in Weekhawken and take the ferry across to NYC. There was a discussion on another thread this week about doing that.

I saw that Port Imperial thread as well I will look into it and see what the total cost for it would be and compare it too the pier parking.

once I get the drive and or parking figured out, i can begin to pray to the weather gods that we have a late late winter and there will be no issues after turkey day.

i think new england/ny deserve a break after the winter from hell, tornados, earthquakes and hurricanes.

Archived