Rome Disembarkation Question

360Guy

When traveling between one European Schengen country and another, I don't believe passengers go through any kind of Customs or Immigration. Only on your first port of entry. However, the ship, itself, has certain formalities and paperwork related to port duties, fees, etc. and may have to present its manifest to port authorities on arrival. If your last stop was a non-Schengen country, then you would have more to do on arrival, but if your previous stop was at a Schengen country, you have already "entered", so to speak.

This has been a fascinating thread! A lot of this depends on personal risk aversion and deep pockets.

I've always wondered who those people were that bashed the line at debarkation. Problem is that at a European port it may not work. Unless things have drastically changed since the 1980s when we lived in Europe, there will be no line, they'll all be trying to get off first.

To the traditionalists out there, you may want to consider taking your time getting off the ship and avoid the mob.

Hi - We just got back last Saturday after disembarking in Rome from the Silhouette. While we had a 10:30 flight, we would have easily made a 9:30 flight. I assume you will be getting in on a weekend so the traffic at that hour will be minimal. We did a self-disembarkation (walk-off) at 6:15 and Rome Cabs was right there waiting for us although we had asked for a 7:00 pick-up. Check-in at the airport went very smoothly and much less chaotic then when we there 2 years ago. Good luck and don't let the stress over this ruin your trip.

Flew out of Rome twice last year. With the opening of the new terminal 5 (international) it's not anywhere as hectic as before.

Are you flying to Miami? We are on same flight and have arranged for a driver at 6:30am. The other replies make me very nervous.

Not sure who you are asking???? I am going to Miami via Delta. I called Celebrity and they told me the flight was at 1030, not the original 0930. Not sure that I trust that information until I see it in writing though.

our flight doesn't leave until 9:00 PM! Oh the things we do for free business class seats! We are planning on going on an excursion offered on debarkation day to visit St. Peters and the Coliseum, with our luggage staying on the tour bus. It then drops us off at the airport at 5;00 PM,

A nice way to revisit some favorite spots in Rome on that last day.

Only problem, we have to change planes in London, spend the night in an airport hotel there and then leave early the next morning for Miami. Way more complicated than I wanted......

I just asked a similar question on the Ports of Call, Italy board. (Didn't see this thread until now).

I wonder if the Hosts would consider making this a "sticky" (in the Ports of Call, Italy board) as it is of importance and interest to many?

I just asked a similar question on the Ports of Call, Italy board. (Didn't see this thread until now).

I wonder if the Hosts would consider making this a "sticky" (in the Ports of Call, Italy board) as it is of importance and interest to many?

Sounds like a great idea!

Robin

Archived