Excursion Suggestions/Questions

lettrich

We are going on Celebrity Equinox in July 2012 with 7 people - ages 9,12 then 5 adults in their 40's. Looking at excursions in various places - want to do ship excursions only (worried about getting back to ship & for convenience) So any inside info/suggestions on the following:

Rhodes: Falikari Beach? Journey to Lindos?

Santorini: Perivolos Beach? Santorini Water park? Village of Oia? Volcano & Hot springs?

Athens: Athens sightseeing & Acropolis? Taste of Athens?

Mykonos: Elia Beach? Kalafatis Beach? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any info - trying to plan the best vacation ever for my family!

Rhodes--don't need an excursion there. The ship docks right by the old town, which is really nice. There is a museum and there are lots of shops and great Greek restaurants. Just wander and explore on your own. My husband and son also rented motorcycles and rode in the afternoon, while I shopped.

Santorini--would go to Oia. Don't need a excursion to there either. Just catch a cab or take the local bus. The town is really scenic. Or the excursion to the caldera of the volcano is nice. That excursion also included the hot springs but I wouldn't get in the water as it is very sulfery and yellow. I was afraid it would ruin my bathing suit. The stop there was pretty short anyway. (We have been to Santorini twice.) Great restaurants all over.

Mykonos--take the ferry to Delos. Really nice ruins and you can wander all over.

Rhodes--don't need an excursion there. The ship docks right by the old town, which is really nice. There is a museum and there are lots of shops and great Greek restaurants. Just wander and explore on your own. My husband and son also rented motorcycles and rode in the afternoon, while I shopped.

Santorini--would go to Oia. Don't need a excursion to there either. Just catch a cab or take the local bus. The town is really scenic. Or the excursion to the caldera of the volcano is nice. That excursion also included the hot springs but I wouldn't get in the water as it is very sulfery and yellow. I was afraid it would ruin my bathing suit. The stop there was pretty short anyway. (We have been to Santorini twice.) Great restaurants all over.

Mykonos--take the ferry to Delos. Really nice ruins and you can wander all over.

We've been debating what to do on Mykonos. Your recommendation for Delos helped us make up our minds. Thanks.

Archived