Royal Palms Question

mom23guys

I've read that Royal Palms is a nice beach. If six of us get a cab there is there a charge to use their beach? How about a day pass to use the pool facilities? Anywhere else you can use the pool?

There is no charge to use the beach or facilities. Chairs, umbrellas, watersports, food and drink are all pay as you go. The pool is free for patrons, so you can use it if you buy lunch. The pool is adults only, however. Their website is http://www.reefgrill.net for more information, webcams, etc.

Some of the hotels are rumored to sometimes have day passes available. It seems to be hit and miss, however.

There are lots of threads on both Royal Palms and hotel day passes, if you use the search feature in this forum.

I sent them an email about the cost of a day pass and this is the response I received:

Hi there,

We do not charge a fee, you have free access to Beach bar, bathrooms, and showers.

We do rent beach chairs $10.00, Umbrellas $10.00, Floats $10.00 and we also rent Jetski's all prices are in USD.

Thank you

Then I asked if we were able to use the pool and I received this response:

The pool is for 18 and older so yes, if you and your party are adults. If you choose to use a cabana around the pool then we ask that you have lunch.

Thanks for your interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Susan, I was there with my two sons last Christmas. One of them just turned 18 (so I assume he looks approx the same age as your daughter ). We weren't drinking alcohol, did buy lunch -- no one checked ID for using the pool. It was my feeling that they wanted to maintain more of an adult atmosphere vs young children (it was quiet, not a party pool) -- not to make sure everyone was exactly 18+. Royal Palms was great. Enjoy your day!

Archived