Error In Balcony Descriptions On Carnval's TA Site

megmno

A few weeks ago I read some discussions on here regarding which balconies had connecting doors that were openable and which didn't. I asked about the cabins which we were to have on the Valor on 8/21, which were 7445 (aft wrap) and 7447 (aft extended balcony) and was told that they did not have balconies that connected.

Several of the people on this board were getting their information from "goccl" which is a web site for TAs that provides information on ships and cabins etc. (While the web site is not directly available to the public, you can find pages on it through Google.)

According to goccl here's the information about those two rooms:

Cabin 7445 9C 185/75 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: 2 windows and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: 7439

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Smoking permitted on balcony only (effective 12/01/11)

Cabin 7447 8M 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

It turns out that this information is wrong. We had the door between the balconies open all week. The door does not have anything to secure it to, but if you put one of the rubber door stops between the frame and the door it reduces its swing so that it doesn't slam shut.

Here's a couple of pictures:

DH looking at the door frame:

New%252520camera%252520038.jpg

The most wonderful balcony space -- ever!!

New%252520camera%252520041.jpg

So the moral is -- just 'cause you read it on the internet doesn't make it true!!

PS - Does anyone know whether the aft wraps on the Magic have balconies that connect? Goccl says the ones on the Upper level don't connect to anything, but I am having trouble believing it. We've booked one for next year, plus the L-shaped "bowling alley" side balconies next door. It turned out that the sun on the aft extended balcony was a little too intense for my Albino skinned family, and we spent a lot of time on the side corner of the wrap during the daytime.

A few weeks ago I read some discussions on here regarding which balconies had connecting doors that were openable and which didn't. I asked about the cabins which we were to have on the Valor on 8/21, which were 7445 (aft wrap) and 7447 (aft extended balcony) and was told that they did not have balconies that connected.

Several of the people on this board were getting their information from "goccl" which is a web site for TAs that provides information on ships and cabins etc. (While the web site is not directly available to the public, you can find pages on it through Google.)

According to goccl here's the information about those two rooms:

Cabin 7445 9C 185/75 sq ft

View: 2 windows and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: 7439

chair and coffee table

Cabin 7447 8M 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

chair and coffee table

It turns out that this information is wrong. We had the door between the balconies open all week. The door does not have anything to secure it to, but if you put one of the rubber door stops between the frame and the door it reduces its swing so that it doesn't slam shut.

Here's a couple of pictures:

DH looking at the door frame:

New%252520camera%252520038.jpg

The most wonderful balcony space -- ever!!

New%252520camera%252520041.jpg

So the moral is -- just 'cause you read it on the internet doesn't make it true!!

PS - Does anyone know whether the aft wraps on the Magic have balconies that connect? Goccl says the ones on the Upper level don't connect to anything, but I am having trouble believing it. We've booked one for next year, plus the L-shaped "bowling alley" side balconies next door. It turned out that the sun on the aft extended balcony was a little too intense for my Albino skinned family, and we spent a lot of time on the side corner of the wrap during the daytime.

I notice from your picture that the balcony divider is just sort of open... not secured in position, is that correct?

I notice from your picture that the balcony divider is just sort of open... not secured in position, is that correct?

...<snip>.... We had the door between the balconies open all week. The door does not have anything to secure it to, but if you put one of the rubber door stops between the frame and the door it reduces its swing so that it doesn't slam shut....<snip>...

That is correct Mach

Yes Megmno I have said this countless times over and over to the people (and some should know better) who copy and paste the descriptions of which balcony cabins connect or don't. I have always stated they ALL CONNECT. Some will block windows or doors but they all connect. I have also posted on here that we have had some just opened because they would block our door......they still were able to unlock them so we could pass thru......

Archived