Fridges in Rooms

Probably a dumb question... Willl my inside stateroom have a mini fridge? I have to stay really well hydrated (so as to not get sick) and I assume bottled water is not free on the ship. I was thinking of bringing a case of water with me. Will there be a place to keep it cold? If not I can bring a mini- cooler (that holds six packs and refill it with ice often, right?

Liz

it will depend on what type of ship your sailing on. The voyager class all have a small fridge in the rooms. It won't keep anything cold, just cool. I was on the Explorer of hte sas last year and the fridge was only cool. I was on the Mariner of the seas the beginning of the month and it did a ok job of keeping things colder. Much better then the explorer. Your best bet will just to add the ice to your drink to make it cold.

There is a fridge in the cabin, however, it will not keep things as cold as the fridge you have at home. It will be stocked with stuff they would like you to buy but you can tell your cabin steward to remove the contents.

Agree with the previous posters that while there is a fridge, it doesn't keep drinks cold, cool at best. We always take a soft sided cooler. Cabin steward will fill it with ice for you twice a day.

FYI, RCCL has state of the art water filtration systems on board. I prefer their water from the tap over most bottled brands.

When I've been on a ship that didn't have a fridge I brought my mini fridge.

I put it on a luggage carrier with wheels so it was easy to carry on. Then I didn't have to worry about getting ice all the time. It is just a little bigger than a cooler and I was so glad I brought it.

Archived