Which Reviews

gfmoore68

I was not planing to post anything here after returning from my vacation. But after reading a few reviews one of them from the cruise I was on, I had changed my mind.

I just returned from My cruise with Costa. I was turned on to this website by my brother who also traveled with us. I had logged onto this website about everyday for three months before leaving for my cruise. I found it to be a very informative source of knoledge and opinions.

"Opinions" is where I want to spend this time. I found myself to be hanging on the reviews posted here. Seeing this was my first cruise I did not know what to expect. Oneday I would read a bad review and started second guessing my decision. Then on the next day I would see a very positve one and you guessed it, all was good again.

About halfway through my cruise prepuration time I realized what I was doing. I had found my vacation being predeturmind by what I had read. What I had read was only the opinion or view of the person writing it. Although we are all entitled to have or opinion, someone elses should not be mine. Thats why there are so many cruise lines in the market place, to try and meet all the different views and opionions.

In short I have no review of our cruise only this bit of advise. Let it be your cruise, not the cruise that someone else posted. We all have a different idea of what a perfect cruise should be. I will say that mine had its blemishes, but that only smudged the paint on what I considered a perfect time, I was on VACATION. No phones, emails or any other everyday distractions from what life should be.

I just posted something very similar on another threat. The fact is that things such as food and entertainment are very subjective things --- very personal things. What we all can agree on and expect is a decent, clean cabin, good service, a variety of entertainment options and a well maintained vessel. Nobody could reasonably expect to feed truly gourmet meals to the number of people fed every day in the dining room. And in fact, the majority of the people being served would not WANT gourmet offerings. So I always get my knickers in a knot when folks start talking down the food. I can tell you I've been served far worse food on other cruiselines. I enjoyed Costa's food offerings. And if I didn't, there was always the private dining experience available to me --- or the pizza/hamburger/hotdog bar on the upper deck!

I agree with you that it is too easy to get caught up in what is posted here. I've done a lot of cruising, but found myself faced with the same issues as you before my recent cruise on the Mediterranea. In the end I realized that I've always had a good time and I would this time too. And I had a great time. It was my first cruise with Costa, but not my last.

Your advice is great and it should be in the opening section of the board offerings where people see it before they start reading everyone's rather biased opinions.

Archived