Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

Do like you said and go to the Port early and talk to them/Carnival. They might let her board without it. In May 2008, leaving from Miami, my mother realized she had left her BC in TN. No way to get it. Myself and DH went to the Port at 8 am. I talked to Immigration/Customs; they told me they would not have a problem with her coming back into the US on the ship but she would have to show her driver license. They told me to check with Carnival though because they might have a problem with it. I walked over to the Carnival area and spoke with them. They told me they would let her on with just her driver license. Not sure about your child though as she has no pic id but give the arguement of her young age and you are her parents and you both have your bc's. I wish you guys the best of luck in finding it or getting her on. Sorry that you guys are having this problem.

If you can't find it make an emergency call to the grandparents and tell them that she can't go cus ya lost the BC and let them watch her for the week while you go...

PS: Get a passport.....learn the lesson like those passengers on the Victory learned. The ship was told to sail early at 630pm (not 10pm) and left a bunch of late comers behind that Carnival was going to fly to Barbados, but the only problem was when they realized that many didn't have a passport they basically told them they won't be allowed to go becuase you need a passport to get into Barbados....

If you all don't go, I hope the cost wasn't too much of a hit to the wallet...

Original OP here...

Here's bg... and below is an update.

DH and I live in SoCal. My folks are in NY. His are in Missouri. We have no family here. Our friends either have babies or are single. We don't have anyone local to leave the kids with aside from a teen babysitter. Any of our friends would watch them in an emergency but not for a vacation.

If you can't find it make an emergency call to the grandparents and tell them that she can't go cus ya lost the BC and let them watch her for the week while you go...

Not possible

PS: Get a passport.....learn the lesson like those passengers on the Victory learned. The ship was told to sail early at 630pm (not 10pm) and left a bunch of late comers behind that Carnival was going to fly to Barbados, but the only problem was when they realized that many didn't have a passport they basically told them they won't be allowed to go becuase you need a passport to get into Barbados....

If you all don't go, I hope the cost wasn't too much of a hit to the wallet...

Not sure how the passport would have made a difference.:confused:

Bill

Gosh and I thought I was having cruise drama! I had already gotten my daughters BC and the babies BC and put them in my travel bag, but I got them back out to look at them just to make sure they were still there! :eek: Thankfully they are. I will be keeping a close watch on that bag over the next 30 odd days to make sure they stay where they belong! But ya know all the people fussing about having a passport vs BC...well a passport can come up missing just as easy and be even harder to replace.

Here is a trick that works for me....Sit down. Cry. Stop thinking about it. Have a beer. In that order. Then work your way methodically around each room. Starting Left to Right working top to bottom. Look under, over, in, behind, each item in the room. That means EACH item. I promise you those BC's didnt take legs and walk. They are in your house/car somewhere! Unless you physically removed them they are there! You need to look by yourself. Having someone help you means that you might miss something. Have your husband look after you, not with you. I wish you well and I hope you find them.

If you end up going to immigration to sort it all out, maybe it would help to take along family pics to help prove she is your child? Just a thought!

Also as one poster mentioned, a phone call to your local government representative might be a good option to try.

We are all rooting for you, as it sounds like you really need a break, especially after all this. Got my fingers crossed for you.

OP, I am really sympathetic with your situation, and dont know what to say to comfort you. Travel today is very different from back in "my" day, but "back in my day", sometimes a baptismal certificate was sufficient depending on the travel destination. Do you have one of those? And if so, does Carnival say if it is enough?. Sorry not assuming anything re your religious affiliation, but just grasping for straws here. Hope things work out for you all.:)

OP, I am really sympathetic with your situation, and dont know what to say to comfort you. Travel today is very different from back in "my" day, but "back in my day", sometimes a baptismal certificate was sufficient depending on the travel destination. Do you have one of those? And if so, does Carnival say if it is enough?. Sorry not assuming anything re your religious affiliation, but just grasping for straws here. Hope things work out for you all.:)

Good ideas and do you know a nurse in hospital connected to records..the hospital chaplain helped me once get some records about a surgery..the death/birth certibicate people have contacts..baby book and family pictures??...do you have that?? could be there and every darn place you run for snacks, food in your house when doing two things at once..found keys and sunglasses and car title behind fridge, in fridge by pop, by warm spare pop, canned goods, in paper piles ready to file, and spare tp apnd paper products area..behind bed between fridge ans counter..pull that sucker out..

St, Anthony and Archangel Michael watch over this family and send them their needed rest and this birth Certificate or something useable..safe blessed travels prayed for you...sarah

Borrow a birth certificate from a friend or relative of a female child approximately the same age as your daughter. Call Carnival and tell them you need to do a name change. It may cost $50.00, but it needs to be done IMMEDIATELY!!

It will work. Problem solved.

Wow - I wonder if that would work?

Very risky though!

Not sure how the passport would have made a difference.:confused:

Bill

It did in brother case...

he and my nephew were travelling up from Washington State and the Nephew forgot his BC.. had his YMCA card and got through the border.

Brother always has his passport

Borrow a birth certificate from a friend or relative of a female child approximately the same age as your daughter. Call Carnival and tell them you need to do a name change. It may cost $50.00, but it needs to be done IMMEDIATELY!!

It will work. Problem solved.

How do you get away with then taking someone else's child out of the country BAD IDEA

Thanks for all the great ideas.

We've been searching for well over 24 hours. DH is working this weekend. He comes home, looks, goes back to work. I've done the same.

In this case I think I mistook DS' certificate as DDs' and either me or DH lost it sometime in the past.

We'll see what customs says.

I agree, doubtful any notary would even consider it. If one would it might get past Carnival, but doubt the ICE agents would let it slide....not the way I would want to end a cruise.

I was a notary and did it for a friends child, coming back thru customs in the Bahamas they wouldn't accept it and they almost missed the flight. Finally they let them thru but it was very stressful! Not a good option.

You've searched everywhere, but have you searched the kids' rooms? They have a way, especially at that young age, of walkng off with things. Look on top of the fridge also. And check their baby scrapbooks if you have one. Good luck! I said the St. Anthony prayer for you too.

I ordered more than one when my daughter was born and kept one in her baby book. Do you remember if you had gotten more than one? Good Luck! Say a prayer to St. Anthony for you.

Archived