VT balcony on the Eurodam

cruz chic

Wow, this seems very misleading to me on the HAL website, I really think that HAL needs to correct the way the verandah cabins are listed. The VT (and also VQ) cabins are listed prior to the VH cabins, then starts going up all the way to VA and V. So it would appear that the the VT and VQ cabins are a "lesser" category cabin than a VH. Who woild know that you could book a Verandah gaurantee and end up with this little French Balcony, that would really not be an upgrade in any normal person's mind.

OK.........let's look at cabin size WITHOUT the balconey. If you look at photo above, you will see VT's are the same width as the cabins on the deck below them.

Length of cabin.....VT accomodates (from the wall to the sliding door)

couch......bedside table........bed........2nd bedside table.

Have had VB and VC's....in those...... (from the wall to the balconey door)

bedside table.....bed........2nd bedside table.....couch.

So.......same furniture in all 3 V's fit in length.

Think maybe they look smaller to some because of the different furniture configuration.

At any rate, our next cruise has us with a VA aft.....deck 8. Now that cabin is longer!

Cruise after that, well I got a VT. Weather will be cool and we don't plan to sit on the balconey. Just going to step out for photos and coming in and out of ports. Got a great price and will love being so close to all amenities on deck 11. Should be quiet as on our last cool weather cruise did not see anyone using the retreat cabanas on deck 11

Sherry - Everything in that VT just seemed so cramped. That little sofa seemed even littler. My guess is that the cabin is not as deep (long) as other cabins. But it's just a guess.

I'd love to have an aft-VA someday. We had an aft-facing OV on Ryndam's promenade deck, which was close, but not. :rolleyes: We loved it.

And some folks really like those penthouse view VTs. I truly hope you're one of them. :) Some folks don't care about cabin size so long as there's a window. Some only want to be close to Crow's Nest or Explorations or the Spa.

What matters to each person in liking a cabin or not is so subjective, like food. It'll be your "home" for a cruise. If others like it or not is irrelevant. The only opinion that matters that week is yours. :)

Archived