Best Tour Operator in Barbados?

Sunny AZ Girl

I like the tour description for Glory Tours of Barbados - Harrison Caves, rainforest and snorkel stop. That is perfect for us! We want to see the popular sights on the island, but also love to snorkel the Caribbean waters. However, I have read a few negative posts on this tour operator. Is he still the best or are there other operators to consider? The ship will be in port from 7 AM - 4 PM.

Hey Ginny,

I've just answered a really similar question on another post so I feel I can answer yours too. There has been some negative feedback on glory tours on some of the travel blogs, and I don't know about you, but I listen to the reviews :s. Never been myself so I can't comment.

I know that Island Safari used to partner with one of the Catamaran providers to do a land based tour, and then a quick catamaran day. We tried it once but honestly the jeep was kind of cramped, and the day was sooo long. For me it's got to be either one or the other, especially if you're travelling with family. You don't realise it ahead of time but the sunshine in the Islands isn't like what you get in Europe or America - it REALLY drains you (or maybe that's the rum punch :D )

I am not sure if there's still this land & sea option, but on my last trip to Barbados I used a small local agency to organise everything. It was a one-day fly over form a business trip and one of their guys picked me up at the airport to get me to my excursion on time, which they had also arranged a late departure for with the boat of my choice (at no extra charge). Service literally blew me away. I just posted the link on another board though and don't want to get spammy. If you're looking for a good agent just PM me for the details.

Otherwise, all I can say is that a day on the catamarans does exactly what I need to recharge my batteries, and I usually stick to the smaller operators so I don't get kicked when snorkling round the turtles.

Happy cruising!

Archived