Carnival ships sailing into NOLA right NOW!!

dfmeeks

I'm watching 2 Carnival ships sail into NOLA! One on the Mississippi Bridge Cam & the other on the Port of NOLA Cam! I'm so excited & I'm not even on their cruise!

Only one Carnival ship should be in port- the Triumph. I have friends on the ship and I can imagine they have had quite the experience the past few days.

There is a NCL ship due in port much later in the evening.

I must be confused by the cams. I see a bridge in one cam but no bridge in the other. Yet, there was a ship in both cams.:confused: I'm very confused! So they're both the Triumph?

djaconson, I noticed you were on the Triumph a few times. I'm sailing on her on 3/17/12 with my DH, 17 yr old DD & her 2 BFFs. Any input on aspects of the ship that shouldn't be missed? Thanks!

I must be confused by the cams. I see a bridge in one cam but no bridge in the other. Yet, there was a ship in both cams.:confused: I'm very confused! So they're both the Triumph?

djaconson, I noticed you were on the Triumph a few times. I'm sailing on her on 3/17/12 with my DH, 17 yr old DD & her 2 BFFs. Any input on aspects of the ship that shouldn't be missed? Thanks!

You may have been looking at the Triumph as it was approaching the pier in one web cam and the port of New Orleans cam has the picture at the pier, without the bridge in view. The ship does not actually go under the bridge, called the Crescent City Connection. When the ship leaves NO, the ship makes an 180 degree turn to head south. Since you'll be sailing from Galveston, I guess this is irrelevant :eek:

The ship goes into dry dock following the cruise ending on 9/22, so there will be some re-modeling done of some aspects of the ship. The movie screen on Lido deck is pretty nice and I would also recommend the main shows, in particular the show which highlights New Orleans, called "The Big Easy". Very nice show.

There's all sorts of great food and lots to do on the ship. I think your cruise director will be Felipe, whom I know you'll enjoy.

DJacobson, Thank you for input on the Triumph. I see you sailed on the Conquest several times. We were on her last November. How does she compare to the Triumph?

Nol4am, Now I understand what I was seeing. Thank you for clarifying!

DJacobson, Thank you for input on the Triumph. I see you sailed on the Conquest several times. We were on her last November. How does she compare to the Triumph?

Nol4am, Now I understand what I was seeing. Thank you for clarifying!

I would say the Conquest is even better, although I have not been on the ship in seven years. The Conquest is a few years newer to the fleet.

Carnival web site says the Triumph is "supposed" to sail at 11 PM CST so you should be able to watch the sail away anytime now.

http://www.nola.com/bridgecam/

Once you lose site of the Triumph then swith to the "Mississippi River" cam in the lower right hand corner of the window which should pick up the final sail away down the river.

I was on the Triumph yesterday, and the Norwegian Spirit was behind us as we made our way up the river. In fact, they were waiting near the mouth of the river, for us to go in first. The reason for this was that the Port of New Orleans closed the river due to flooding and high winds. We had to wait outside the river channel for permission to come in. The seas were definitely ROUGH!!! Those were some ANGRY seas! The Triumph should have been docked at about 7:00 AM, but we ended up docking about 5:00 PM. It is my understanding that the NCL ship had to wait until after the Triumph departed before they could dock....although I don't know why that would be, since they have 2 terminals. :confused: Anyway, it was all good, because we enjoyed a leisurely cruise up the river during daylight hours, which we had not done before, PLUS we got an extra day (or most of one) free! :)

Archived