Entertainment book hotel question?

basilh

Thanks, but I did browse the specials - maybe I'm missing something? All I could see were travel card discounts - not the book - and there were no hotels or car rental agencies listed. Yet I read people referring to using the book to get a discount on those services???:confused:

Hmmmm ... took a look through the website. Didn't see the actual hotels listed either.

The problem is that there are a LOT of hotels in the Entertainment book - don't know if anybody's going to be willing to go through and type in all the hotels. Or the other option would be to go through a pretend hotel booking at http://www.entertainment.com/hotels - that would give you the list of hotels available as well.

Spleen

Thanks Spleen!

That was helpful - I pretended to book a hotel room and it gave me a list.....my next question is that the prices did not look great - they were higher than expedia etc. Does anyone know if there a code on the coupons to get a discount off that rate? And is a big discount?

Thanks..........sorry to be a pest:rolleyes:

There's no code or coupon listed in the Entertainment Guide for this. The savings may be dependent on the hotel as well. But there's no guarantee that Expedia may not have better rates in the first place. As always, it's better to be an informed consumer and shop around.

Spleen

Actually, each hotel or hotel chain has their own discount rate and restrictions (such as only valid Sunday through Thursday or not valid during the summer). For example, some are 50% off rack, some are 50% or free second night, some are just a discounted amount (no percentage, so hard to say), some require you to call the individual hotel directly, while others are part of the program to book online at entertainment.com.... I'm sorry, but there really is no single answer to your question. The hotels do not have coupons in the book; there is no code to give you. They are simply listed in the book. You book online or through the hotel directly (in which case you tell them you are "entertainment members.") They tell you what their rate is for that hotel for those dates. You are required to bring the card in the book (you have to register it when you get the book) to get the discount when you check in.

I'm afraid the only way to really know is to order the book. We called our hotel directly and got an extra $23 off our original "web special" rate (which was about 30% off of rack rate). We ended up with about 45% off rack rate. It was cheaper than any other source, including Expedia, but that doesn't mean that the book discount will always be the best rate out there.

We really can't give you any more specific information about the hotel discounts. Sorry.

beachchick

My book arrived yesterday and as I was checking, I could tell that there are for sure some coupons that I could use for eating out, etc. We are going to be there 5 days before the cruise. For our room we did Priceline and we feel that we got a good deal. We have used Priceline for stays before, and we always go for a 4 or 5 star rating and we have never been disappointed. Nancy

Did priceline November 2003 for two nights. Got the Hawaian Prince (4 star) for just over the $100 mark. The wife loved it. They put us on the 22 floor facing the ocean. Parking was no problem. The hotel validated our parking for free. There was free 24 hour free parking by the Marina if the Hotel parking was full. I did notice on Saturday night parking filled up fast in the evening hours. Don't be afraid to use priceline. The are great deal to be made. Tim

Sorry it took me awhile to get back. We are booked in June (primetime) at the Hawaiian Prince for $123. I was denied and blocked out for 2 weeks, but I continued with the lower prices and was accepted at $123 even though I had been turned down 2 days earlier for $125. Go figure. But we have always been happy with Priceline at the 4 and 5 star level. I have never tried going for an airplane or a rental car. Nancy

In our Sacto entertainment book, I think many of the hotels don't accept bookings more than 30 days in advance. For Hawaii, this would be a bummer. I believe our book has Hawaii in it too? Does the Hawaii book have more hotel coupons?

Archived