Charleston, SC Port

proudaunt

I am new to cruising and am trying to figure out the best option for parking at this port. I have looked in to the sleep, park, and cruise options but am not too sure if that is worth the money at all. If we do decide to park at the port is there usually a long line to park there on the morning of the cruise? We are trying to figure out our best option for parking and whether to come in the night before or just drive in the day we leave? Thanks for any help!

I am new to cruising and am trying to figure out the best option for parking at this port. I have looked in to the sleep, park, and cruise options but am not too sure if that is worth the money at all. If we do decide to park at the port is there usually a long line to park there on the morning of the cruise? We are trying to figure out our best option for parking and whether to come in the night before or just drive in the day we leave? Thanks for any help!

Just got back today, and parking at the port was "relatively" painless, we got there around 12:30 and were on the ship by 1:30. We did have VIP embarkation(which doesn't mean anything until after the parking and port security, but does allow skipping the carnival check-in line) which probably saved at least 45 minutes... Parking didn't look like the bottleneck though, It seemed like it would have taken about the same amount of time even if dropped off by a friend/shuttle...

Just got back today, and parking at the port was "relatively" painless, we got there around 12:30 and were on the ship by 1:30. We did have VIP embarkation(which doesn't mean anything until after the parking and port security, but does allow skipping the carnival check-in line) which probably saved at least 45 minutes... Parking didn't look like the bottleneck though, It seemed like it would have taken about the same amount of time even if dropped off by a friend/shuttle...

Thank you for your response! We might just go ahead and stop halfway instead of staying there overnight! Since parking seems to be painless at the port we might as well just do that!

Archived