Entertainment on Splendida

Invincible

We have booked for next January and being a first timer with MSC I'm just curious about the entertainment, all the ships I've been on before have been predominantly English speaking as MSC caters for a variety of Europeans and European languages what sort of entertainment is on offer in both the theatre and other venues. I understand that acts such as dance, mime, non vocal music maybe a magician or acrobats don't need language but are there any other musicians on board such as vocalists and what language would they sing in.

I know it's a trivial and meaningless topic really but I am curious.

Hi Invincible

There will be songs in the theatre which will be in a variety of languages - quite a bit is in English. MSC always have oeratic singers on board (usually a tenor and soprano or mezzosoprano). They will feature in one of the evening shows.

there is quite a variety of live music around various lounges - a lot will include vocal music and the language varies. Some acts will do a mixture of English and other songs.

there are lots of other games and activities suchas quizzes, bingo, talent shows, and other types of competitions and demo.

There is a team onboard called the Animation team made up of young, energetic and enthusiastic Italians. between them they'll rattle off 5 different languages almost without stopping for a breath. I've been learning spanish, french and Italian for years and come no where near their fluency or ability to switch so effortlessly.

The only thing that you'll probably miss out on with the multi lingual offering is traditional stand up comedy. Also if you go to talks 9such as wine talks by the somelier) you need to be patient whilst he explains in other languages too. I see it all as a great learning opportunity and a bit of fun, but some do get bored by waiting for their language to come around.

Hi - we travelled on Splendida a year ago and they did a variety of shows - one magic show that was very good and the operatic singers who sang in both English and Italian, very easy to listen to even if you didnt understand. There was one mime show which was very entertaining. The rest were like shows with singing and dancing lots of acrobatic type movement and music and all in English. One show called "Mirage" which was a representation of art and paintings and one called "Flashback" which was more upbeat. I still have my programs. One night there was no show but a midnight carnaval party in the Aft lounge. Of course it may have changed since then. If they still have the mime night I would suggest that you sit down early - it is hilarious to see the entertainment team hamming it up before this show.

Archived