Hello from the Regatta

Benita

I am sitting on the balcony, watching the ship docking in Astoria- fog is lifting and it looks like a glorious day. Unfortunately, really strong winds slowed us down, so we are a couple of hours late, so will have to skip seeing Mt St Helens. That will be good for our diets, as we will climb the column in Astoria, instead.

The engines seem to be functioning well and the washers and dryers all work too - I told the captain about my theory that the parts from the washers were powering the engines and he had a good laugh.

Food has been great, as has the service. The guest entertainers have been surprisingly good- there are so many ships in Alaska that they have been popping over from one ship to another pretty easily.

I am sitting on the balcony, watching the ship docking in Astoria- fog is lifting and it looks like a glorious day. Unfortunately, really strong winds slowed us down, so we are a couple of hours late, so will have to skip seeing Mt St Helens. That will be good for our diets, as we will climb the column in Astoria, instead.

The engines seem to be functioning well and the washers and dryers all work too - I told the captain about my theory that the parts from the washers were powering the engines and he had a good laugh.

Food has been great, as has the service. The guest entertainers have been surprisingly good- there are so many ships in Alaska that they have been popping over from one ship to another pretty easily.

Hey Benita, glad you are enjoying your trip. We did that in May and loved every min. of it. Astoria was one jewel among many on our trip. I know you will love that town.

Aside from the not to good weather, we also had a great time. Reason for the late arrival in Astoria: very bad head winds.

Learned a lesson...don't go to Alaska late Aug. - early Sept. Weather is not that good. Next time it will be mid-July. The three trips before were in mid-July and the weather was great.

As usual, the food and service on O was superb. Can't answer about the entertainment since we didn't see any of it.

Can't answer about the entertainment since we didn't see any of it.

Too bad you missed it. The four young kids doing the production shows were fantastic, as were the shows. So good that we could not get into the lounge for their last show. The rest of the evening entertainers were also very good.

Archived