Carnival Luggage Tag Colors

01 Cobra

OK, does anyone happen to know or remember the significance of the luggage tag colors for Carnival. They represent times to debark..I'm pretty sure...but does anyone know the times by color? I have yellow or gold for my first cruise on Fascination and then I have orange tags for my second cruise on Triumph.

Thanks!!

Mainly the tags are used more for sorting the luggage when you first get on the cruise. In some ports they use the colors to stage luggage in the Custom area. The purpose in calling colors in so they only have one group of passengers going through one section of luggage at a time. This way they can monitor the area closer. In NO people got yelled at for going into the color areas that had not been called. They do have their reasons. I

t seems that the calling of colors varies with the ship also - so there is no real way to know what colors will get called first. I guess you could ask someone who is going a few weeks before you in what order the colors were called - but personally I don't want to keep track of them - I want to enjoy my last moments on the ship - so I don't know if you will find any takers.

Guest Time2gocruzn

They are so they have a general idea of where your luggage goes when they sort it and deliver it.

As far as debarking...not sure about all the ships, but on the Miracle they are not calling tag colors anymore. They now call it "relaxed debarkation". When they say you are free to begin your relaxed debarkation, you can get off whenever. It is important to leave your tags on your bags because when you get off they sort the bags back into those color groups so it is easy for you to find your luggage when you leave.

Good point...

I like to at least get breakfast before I get off of the ship. These are my first Carnival cruises so I had a few weird questions...believe me, I'm not in a hurry to get back to the rat race after a cruise. I too savor every moment!! :)

Thanks

If youre one of the First to exit the ship, then The Grey TBA ones is what you will change too, those you can get at the Pursers Desk the last day, but you need to show your flight sked to make sure.

After that, VIP's from the Carnival Vacation Club along with people that are disable and need more time to leave the ship.

You aren't pulling my leg are you? That sounds so stress free. I hope Triumph has relaxed debarkation. After 2 weeks on vacation, I'm not going to be in a hurry to get anywhere and my plane doesn't leave until after 2pm. I'm ready to cruise.

Thanks for the tag information. I think it's going to be pretty much like my 2 previous cruises on RCCL where the luggage was picked up from the baggage claim belts by color, just no debarkation time assigned to your tags.... ;)

Guest Time2gocruzn
You aren't pulling my leg are you? That sounds so stress free.

Nope that is exactly how they did it. The term "relaxed" is a bit misleading. I suppose if you had all day and wanted to be the last off the ship it might be relaxed but we wanted to get to the airport so as soon as they called it we headed for the door. So did everyone else. It was ugly, lol.

Boy, relaxed sounds good, but I'll bet it could turn into a real cluster too! On the Legend in January, they still called colors. Last year we were a deck lower but still in a Cat. 11 and were the first group called. This year, we were one of the last called and that was on deck 7. Not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it.

CCL claims that the color order is chosen by what color the crew has ready 1st. Once all pieces of luggage in a certain color is together and cleared by customs and their drug sniffing puppies, then they call that color. Of, course they do get those who have early flights out 1st, then they go by readiness.

Guest Time2gocruzn
CCL claims that the color order is chosen by what color the crew has ready 1st. Once all pieces of luggage in a certain color is together and cleared by customs and their drug sniffing puppies, then they call that color. Of, course they do get those who have early flights out 1st, then they go by readiness.

That makes sense. Maybe that also explains why even though we were in Tampa by 7AM they didn't call for the "realaxed" debarkation to begin until 10:30 or so,because we have to wait for them to clear ALL the bags before anyone can leave. Breakfast was good and over with, and there was really nothing to do but sit and wait fo them to say you could go. Maybe if we would have waited awhile after they called it would have been okay, but we were ready to go by the time they finally said we could, everyone else was more than ready too, apparently. :D

Just got off the Valor and debarkation was one of the only negatives about the cruise. They do not call colors anymore, only early flight passengers. From 7:30-8:30 they call self-serve debarkation. You must go during this time only and you must carry all of your own luggage. After this they call a general calling for all remaining passengers. It took us over 1 hour to get through customs. It was the worst debarkation I have ever been through!!!!

About 10:40! Had I known that it would be that crowded I would have hung out a bit on the Lido deck. It would have beat standing in line with my carry on bags and getting shoved through the lines like cattle. Next time I will know.

the tags are for:

1. embarking-you give the bag to the luggage person, and he directs it to your room based on your luggage tag

2. disembarking-your color will tell the luggage person where to put your luggage, so you can find it easily (ie. riviera deck=green, main deck=blue and so on)

don't quote me on the colors :-)

your welcome

Conquest is doing the "relaxed disembarkation" now too. We stayed in the room until 9am, then went to breakfast. By 10am they said the gangway was pretty clear so we left shortly after. Took about 15 minutes to leave the ship, clear customs and find our luggage. Making our way the rest of the way out and meeting up with our ride home took another 1/2 hour or so though.

I'm with you is the dineing room open this morning?

I am on the triumph also! :)

Normally from my past two cruise experiences the dining room has been open for breakfast on the day of debarkation. Could you imagine all the hung over, starving and impatient people standing in line...with not so much as a cup of coffee before they left the ship :eek: I don't want to be in that line.

No room service that morning though I'm pretty sure.

Visit our roll call thread!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=92357

Just got off the Valor and debarkation was one of the only negatives about the cruise. They do not call colors anymore, only early flight passengers. From 7:30-8:30 they call self-serve debarkation. You must go during this time only and you must carry all of your own luggage. After this they call a general calling for all remaining passengers. It took us over 1 hour to get through customs. It was the worst debarkation I have ever been through!!!!

They did the self-debarkation and then snuck those with tours off. Then it was the general "Get Out" the rest of you. You didn't have to get off the ship, but you did have to get out of your cabin by then.

I did note the the Internet service was pulled pretty promptly at 9am - another sign it was time to go.

But now I know the new routine - pretty much the same as the old. They don't call deck colors and you don't have to leave the ship right away. If you want breakfast, get it before 9 or 9:30am and be out of your cabin by 8:45-9am.

Lido and/or Deck 5 aren't bad places to kill time. Beats waiting in customs lines, taxi lines, or airport lines.

Speaking of tags, if you booked a guarantee I'll give you a tip that helped us. We brought address labels with us last year. You will have to change your tag to the color for the deck you are on. It's easier and quicker to do this if you just put address labels on the tag. (You can even make these labels on your computer using Avery labels.) I hope this helps some.

Speaking of tags, if you booked a guarantee I'll give you a tip that helped us. We brought address labels with us last year. You will have to change your tag to the color for the deck you are on. It's easier and quicker to do this if you just put address labels on the tag. (You can even make these labels on your computer using Avery labels.) I hope this helps some.

I get a ton of those things in the mail...

Archived