Costa all inc drinks package - what's included...

hollydaze

Hoping some of you Costa veterans can enlighten me as to what is normally included...or it may be easier to ask what's NOT included.

Travelling (or should I say 'voyaging'!) with my elderly parents and my sister (we are both in our 50s) and we are all partial to a pre dinner tipple and wine during dinner. Cappuccinos and soft drinks during the day. My parents like a brandy after dinner and my Mum enjoys the occasional Irish coffee - and my sis and I would love the odd Pina Colada!!

Would all these be covered - or are we just being greedy!!!

My first post so please treat me gently ...

Here is a link (the broschure is now a couple of years old, so the prices will no longer be applicable, but the contents of both packages X1 and J2 are still inforce)

http://www.costaclick.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8DC6ED80-9D78-49AB-B71A-D905A015508E/19067/DrinksPackage_090710.pdf

The package you are looking for is the J2 - drinks anytime, the X1 package only covers beer, wine, water and soft drinks during luncga nd dinner in the restaurants and buffets.

The J2 is basically all drinks that are under €6.99 / $6.99 (depending where you are crusing.

It cannot be booked once you are onboard, it has to be ordered and paid for at least 5 days befeore sailing. All people on the booking / cabins have to order the same package.

If you order someting that is over €6.99, say vodka & lemon (don't know the actual price, this is purely an example), then just order the vodka and a moment later the lemon.

Bottoms up.

Ron

PS. Welcome to CC.

If you don't empty the wine glass the your forfeit the contents.:(

I think it actually means (probably got lost in the translation somewhere)

Fortified Wines i.e. Harveys Bristol Cream, Sandeman Ruby Port.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Have a great cruise.

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
Here is a link (the broschure is now a couple of years old, so the prices will no longer be applicable, but the contents of both packages X1 and J2 are still inforce)

http://www.costaclick.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8DC6ED80-9D78-49AB-B71A-D905A015508E/19067/DrinksPackage_090710.pdf

The package you are looking for is the J2 - drinks anytime, the X1 package only covers beer, wine, water and soft drinks during luncga nd dinner in the restaurants and buffets.

The J2 is basically all drinks that are under €6.99 / $6.99 (depending where you are crusing.

It cannot be booked once you are onboard, it has to be ordered and paid for at least 5 days befeore sailing. All people on the booking / cabins have to order the same package.

If you order someting that is over €6.99, say vodka & lemon (don't know the actual price, this is purely an example), then just order the vodka and a moment later the lemon.

Bottoms up.

Ron

PS. Welcome to CC.

I wonder from reading postings on drink packages if plain water on the tap or soft drinks e.g. ice tea not available free for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In other words, if one neglect to prebook a drink package, the option is to pay as we go. Besides, the drink package brochure did not mention booking fewer days than the actual cruise duration. Not everyone drinks wine e.g. people who are diabetics. There was nothing like this on RCL, and I am new to Costa and have booked 2 separate cruises. I am anxious to have this issue clarified. Thanks for any advice.

I wonder from reading postings on drink packages if plain water on the tap or soft drinks e.g. ice tea not available free for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In other words, if one neglect to prebook a drink package, the option is to pay as we go. Besides, the drink package brochure did not mention booking fewer days than the actual cruise duration. Not everyone drinks wine e.g. people who are diabetics. There was nothing like this on RCL, and I am new to Costa and have booked 2 separate cruises. I am anxious to have this issue clarified. Thanks for any advice.

Water (tap) is available free in the buffet and MDR (just ask your waiter, with or without ice), orange juice and multivitamnin juice is available free only during breakfast. Coffee, tea and milk are available free during the day in the buffet.

Wine and water, boys and girls and coffee package do not have to be book before the cruise, they can be booked any time while onbaord.

The X1 & J2 packages ( as described in the brochure) can only be booked for the whole duration of the cruise, not a part of it.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know the current costs?

The cost of the J2 depends on the number of days sailing. We just returned from the Luminosa and paid $414 per person USD for 8 days. For us, it was well worth it, although you are limited to the "house" wines by the glass except in the wine bar after 7:00 pm.

If you go the Costa web site, under the Gifts & Services menu, on-board desires section, choose "special gift sets". There you will find the current pricing for many of the drink packages, including boys & girls and mineral water.

This is the URL, but it didn't paste well.

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/before_board/services/SpecialServicesProducts.htm?&catid=SPCK&catname=Special+Gift+Sets

Archived