boxed wine - YES or NO

mittchelandsophie

Some of those who preach morality on these boards would probably steal the gold out of your teeth if they got the opportunity !!

Don't let them get you too excited. You are on a GOOD course !!!

Probably somewhat true. I don't agree with the way some posters have responded, however I can see how it got there.

This was started looking like a "smuggling" thread when the OP originally started it with "It does state "NO" to boxed wine in the rules and regs. I was just wondering if anyone has done it before." Yes later on he/she goes on to explain that they thought it might be a grey area. Too late then the ball was rolling at that point. And like I've found out numerous times on CC, not everyone reads more than the original post, or at least only the first few.

And no one brought up affordability until the OP themselves wrote "I was really asking for my sister who is on a very limited income."

I'd have to say there are lessons to be learned here :eek:

If this isn't a smuggling thread, then what part of "NO" do you not understand?

Listen... I was asking to carry it on and if NCL would take it or if we would just pay a corkage. No does mean NO! You know as well as I do there are gray areas everywhere and with everything! Subject closed... Go do something nice for someone today and make yourself feel better!

Probably somewhat true. I don't agree with the way some posters have responded, however I can see how it got there.

This was started looking like a "smuggling" thread when the OP originally started it with "It does state "NO" to boxed wine in the rules and regs. I was just wondering if anyone has done it before." Yes later on he/she goes on to explain that they thought it might be a grey area. Too late then the ball was rolling at that point. And like I've found out numerous times on CC, not everyone reads more than the original post, or at least only the first few.

And no one brought up affordability until the OP themselves wrote "I was really asking for my sister who is on a very limited income."

I'd have to say there are lessons to be learned here :eek:

You have pulled apart the exact things that I was trying to explain! Thank You!

I couldn't agree more about the lesson learned!

We had a 3L box in our checked luggage on Epic last year, just the bladder. Got sent to naughty room, asked the guy if I could pay corkage, and he said no problem. $15 and I walked out with my wine..

There's the grey area I'm talking about! Thank you for posting... I would have had my sister carry on the wine but, whatever works and she's not going so for me it's now all a mute point...

There's the grey area I'm talking about! Thank you for posting... I would have had my sister carry on the wine but, whatever works...

Except that was last year and since then NCL's policy has changed (you might still run into a crew member who didn't get the word, though:)).

There's the grey area I'm talking about! Thank you for posting... I would have had my sister carry on the wine but, whatever works and she's not going so for me it's now all a mute point...

As I stated earlier, I did understand what you were trying to say. The only problem is this grey area you are asking about is where some have a problem with (including me).

The rules (by the company that pay the bills and have a right to make them) state.....

Breaking them and getting "away with it" is not a grey area but a crew member not wanting the hassle or possibility angering a customer by forcing adults, who should know how to follow rules, to follow them. It is exactly the same as any rule or law.

BTW when we cruised in Feb of this year. I do not believe NCL actually had the "no box wine" in place. I believe it just said depending on size, depended on what you paid for corkage. This wording is all new in the last couple of months.

"Gray area" is a pretty way of saying the rules may not apply to me.

I don't much care how much money you have or don't have, nor do I care what I have. My point is still, if you can cruise, no matter who pays for it, you can afford the corkage, without it being grey. If your paying for someone else, pay for them if you like, however, the answer is still NO.

And by the way, its moot, not mute, unless you have a speech problem. There, now I'm the language police also.

Archived