There is a Cruise Price Drop God!!!

scf1270

We are just two days away from final payment for our November 10 Millennum cruise. Just today there was a SIGNIFICANT price drop on Inside and OceanView cabins.

Was so NOT expecting any price movement until after our final payment date. This is the first time this has happened for us since the price adjustment policies changed in May, 2010.

Good luck! Hope this happens to all of you!

Sara

Good for you! Congratulations for finding the price drop.

We booked Connie a year in advance and have already found two price drops...and still watching daily.

Happy Cruising! Keep smiling knowing you caught the drop! AWESOME!!!

Good score! And nice of you to share the info with everyone too.

We're booked for 2013 and I am already checking about once a week for potential drops. I know it's too soon, but I check our Princess one for 2012 and then check this for good measure. Found a drop for our Princess one (pretty substantial too for a past guest) and good I did because now it's back up to the regular price. So it always pays to check.

Good for you! Congratulations for finding the price drop.

We booked Connie a year in advance and have already found two price drops...and still watching daily.

Happy Cruising! Keep smiling knowing you caught the drop! AWESOME!!!

Hi ME Guide - make sure you let the roll call know if you find one for your trip. We are sailing with you!

Where do you go to find the price drop..directly to the cruise line website? Please advise ASAP as we are booked on two cruises for 2012..thanks much

Yes on the cruise line site. If you are priced at the same thing as what the cruise line (booked directly with them) it makes it easier. Otherwise you have to know what the starting price was when you booked in order to know if there's a discount. Hope that makes sense -- but yes check with the cruise line or just ask your TA to reprice it to check for you.

We are just two days away from final payment for our November 10 Millennum cruise. Just today there was a SIGNIFICANT price drop on Inside and OceanView cabins.

Was so NOT expecting any price movement until after our final payment date. This is the first time this has happened for us since the price adjustment policies changed in May, 2010.

Good luck! Hope this happens to all of you!

Sara

Good! That means you can afford to go with us on the Eclipse again this year. You in?!

P.S I can get some more Packer gear for you if you want :D

Tiff

The new prices were on the Celebrity website - just walk through like you are doing a new booking to see what current prices/discounts are.

Since we are booked directly with Celebrity, that's who I called. We frequently book through our warehouse club, but in this cse the OBC would have been very small vs the potential for having changes that there might be fees for.

Also, there are web site for watching cruise prices. I subscribe to one of those and got an email alert regarding the price drop. Can't name names on Cruise Critic, but you can probably find them with a google search.

Sara

We booked last March while onboard Eclipse for a cries on silhouette for next March. Our price has dropped three times for a total price drop of $1125 so far!!! The first drop was in May, ten months ahead of the cruise. unbelievable!! This is certainly a sign of the the impact this depressed economy is having on so many people.

Good! That means you can afford to go with us on the Eclipse again this year. You in?!

P.S I can get some more Packer gear for you if you want :D

Tiff

Tiff - I'll pass on the Packer gear, thank you very much :p Steelers game on Sunday - John and Liz already have their Skyline Chili ready.

Maybe 2012 for another mid-December cruise. Besides this upcoming trip, the only other place I'm cruising to is the appliance store as both the dishwasher and refrigerator need to be replaced. Do you know which ship you'll choose for 2012?

DrJJ - that's the one! It costs a dollar to two to place a price watch on a specfic sailing. Got my money's worth today :D

Sara

Tiff - I'll pass on the Packer gear, thank you very much :p Steelers game on Sunday - John and Liz already have their Skyline Chili ready.

Maybe 2012 for another mid-December cruise. Besides this upcoming trip, the only other place I'm cruising to is the appliance store as both the dishwasher and refrigerator need to be replaced. Do you know which ship you'll choose for 2012?

Sara

I'm kind of torn, but I'm leaning towards the Silly because it leaves on Sun and it's a little easier to schedule around work, but I also like Reflection because I prefer more sea days. We've been to the ports so many times that I really don't care about them, although Cozumel is still my favorite. Maybe because we spent a week there a while back. The downside to that itinerary is that is stops at Haiti and Bob swore he would never go back there! So it may be Reflection. Yeah, now I changed my mind. Refy it is (for now). Decisions decisions!

I'm kind of torn, but I'm leaning towards the Silly because it leaves on Sun and it's a little easier to schedule around work, but I also like Reflection because I prefer more sea days. We've been to the ports so many times that I really don't care about them, although Cozumel is still my favorite. Maybe because we spent a week there a while back. The downside to that itinerary is that is stops at Haiti and Bob swore he would never go back there! So it may be Reflection. Yeah, now I changed my mind. Refy it is (for now). Decisions decisions!

Understandable, but you can skip getting off at Haiti if you chose the Sil. Or maybe find a fun excursion to replace his search and recuse time there ;).

What do you like to do in Cozumel? Will be there in Nov with the BFFs. Have only done Nachi Cocom - which we loved, but the three of us don't really drink much, so the all-inclusive price is not a big draw.

Understandable, but you can skip getting off at Haiti if you chose the Sil. Or maybe find a fun excursion to replace his search and recuse time there ;).

What do you like to do in Cozumel? Will be there in Nov with the BFFs. Have only done Nachi Cocom - which we loved, but the three of us don't really drink much, so the all-inclusive price is not a big draw.

I was thinking about not getting off in Haiti if we do go there, but Bob REALLY doesn't want to go anywhere near it, so I may have to work on that.

Last year we went to Mr Sanchos and I sipped Margaritas on the beach with ex-MIL while the boys, Bob, ex-FIL, and my sister went on an ATV ride. They had a blast. They have horses, camels (if I remember correctly - had a couple HUGE frozen strawberry margaritas). We got our pictures taken with some McCaws too. You can see the pic on my Facebook page. It was just a nice relaxing time.

Or if you want real adventure, we went on the Jeep tour the first time we went there. They take you around the island, to a lighthouse that you can go to the top in, and go snorkeling in the Punta Sur Eco Park. The boys were little and they loved it. In fact, that was our wedding/honeymoon cruise!

Hey Tiff and Sarah! I am thinking the Reflection myself for next December. I love to try the new ships and this one will have some new additions as well.

Wish our cruise price would drop. Congratulations Sarah on getting a drop. I watch every day and it hasn't dropped but gone up for my CC1.

Hey Tiff and Sarah! I am thinking the Reflection myself for next December. I love to try the new ships and this one will have some new additions as well.

Wish our cruise price would drop. Congratulations Sarah on getting a drop. I watch every day and it hasn't dropped but gone up for my CC1.

Let's make a date, then! December 15 on the Reflection. If we all book on board our next cruises, then we get the OBC. Too bad we won't cross paths this year :(

I know how to check the site to see if the price has dropped, but how can you tell if the drop is for new bookings only? Any instructions would be most appreciated.

If it's for new bookings only it will usually be a "Tuesday's special" or special offer listed on the website. You will see in the fine print that it's for new bookings only. If you are doing a pretend booking to check the price, you'll be able to tell if the price has dropped for all passengers.

Hi Swiftcookie and Susieb53. We CAN get price drops - have had two this year for Celebrity cruise at Christmas and arguing about further one before we pay balance this week! The travel agents don't like it and you have to be firm with them but Celebrity in the UK certainly know about it. They let you have one drop free but for further ones they charge an admin fee of £35pp. But if the drop is substantial enough it can be worth it. Good luck!:)

If you want to take advantage of a price drop, do you cancel and rebook? I really want to keep my exact cabin assignment. can I be assured of keeping my cabin or should I forfeit the price drop?

No you don't have to cancel. You just call the cruise line (if you booked direct) or your TA (if you used one) and they will simply make a price adjustment for you. But it's that easy and even if you get one price drop, if it drops again, you can get it again. So it does pay to watch the pricing right up to the final payment time. After that, you don't get anything.

I called my TA for a price drop based on an e-mail Celebrity sent me. My TA called them and they played dumb stating they didn't know anything about it. She sent them the e-mail so I am waiting to hear back. It is only $80 at this point but who knows if it will drop further. I am really hoping for an upgrade instead but it doesn't look like AQ is coming down enough. I can still hope!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived