Irie Mon beach break

zpdw484

• 2 weeks later...
I will be sailing on the freedom of the seas to falmouth. Has anyone done the Irie Mon beach break excrusion? I'm not having much luck finding info on it.

not sure when you are going but we booked this excursion from the carnival elation sailing oct 8 i will help you with info when we get back if no one else have reviewed it

Been there, done it..had a fun time..good food..lots of activities (if you want to participate) beautiful blue water....lots of colorful fish..all the rum punch you want, or soda or water..people that handled the excursion were great..didn't get hassled by anyone on the beach..only got approached by two locals and they were both very nice..In my opinion was well worth the money..would do it again but this time we are doing the dolphin swim and dr cave beach excursion..

Been there, done it..had a fun time..good food..lots of activities (if you want to participate) beautiful blue water....lots of colorful fish..all the rum punch you want, or soda or water..people that handled the excursion were great..didn't get hassled by anyone on the beach..only got approached by two locals and they were both very nice..In my opinion was well worth the money..would do it again but this time we are doing the dolphin swim and dr cave beach excursion..

thanks for the info it was very helpful was it just rum punch or other mixed drinks included

thanks for the info it was very helpful was it just rum punch or other mixed drinks included

You know when you asked that I thought it was only rum punch..its been a little over a year since we went, and I all I remembered was the rum punch, but I just went to the Carnival cruise website and I am going to copy paste what it says..

Excursion Description

Enjoy Montego Bay’s newest beach any way you like…Quietly soaking in the sunshine or learning the latest dance moves from your party hosts.

On this excursion you will:

• Depart from the pier.
  • Take a 20-minute bus ride along Montego Bay’s scenic harbor to Cornwall Beach on the famous “Hip Strip.”
  • Arrive and enjoy a refreshing welcome drink as you take in the beautiful white sand beach and the reggae and soca music in the background.
  • Swim, snorkel, or just relax in the tropical surroundings.
  • Quench your thirst at the open Jamaican beach bar which features a selection of Red Stripe beer on tap, rum punch, fruit punch, sodas and bottled water.
  • Enjoy a tasty barbecue buffet with local cuisine, including BBQ chicken, jerk pork, rice and peas, hamburgers, hot dogs, festival, tossed salad, coleslaw, fresh fruits and cake for lunch. Join the fun after lunch and learn the limbo from the experts or participate in a friendly game of beach volleyball.

Barbecue lunch, open Jamaican bar, and a beach chair are included. Lockers, umbrellas and snorkel gear are available for rent at the beach. Remember to bring your swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and camera.

Thanks for the replies, I will not be sailing until May of 2012 so hopefully more info will become available in the coming months. Sounds like a fun excursion!

hey if you go to the carnival cruise website and go to excursions and type in montego bay..then you can scroll down to the ire mon beach party excursion and there are three reviews on there also..all positive reviews..unless anythings changed in a little over a year, which I doubt, it is a really nice day at the beach..but it is a long day at the beach..most other beach excursions are only like 2.5 hours but this one was at least 4 hours of beach time..but I really enjoyed it..I was mostly snorkeling..swimming..laying around the beach..walking up and down the beach..the lunch was really good..way plenty to choose from..I saw all the activities that the excursion planners had going on..vollyball, dancing..ect but I didn't care to do any of that..I wanted beach time..hope you enjoy it..lol when it was time to get back on the bus I had just gotten another rum punch and I asked the driver do I need to throw it out..and he said no mon, you in Jamaica still every ting is alright..

• 5 months later...

Was just there this week. Sorry, but it was a waste of money at $100. per person. It takes about 45 min. each way in a bus from Falmouth which they dont tell you. Its a small overcrowded beach. There were too many people for the amount of beachfront provided. Half of the beach was allocated to 3 catamarans. You had to listen to extremely loud Jamaican music the entire time. The lunch was below par as others agreed. You stood in a long hot line to get food not worth mentioning. When an "early departure" bus was announced for return to the ship, most got up and ran. Try a different excursion and save your money.

Archived