Puerto Vallarta Excursions Questions

babies12

Hi all, we are on the Carnival Pride in May. I'm very interested in going to Los Calitas. To any of you who have been there, (excuse me if this is a silly question) but they do have restroom facilities right? I know this is a stupid question, but I kind of need to know. Thanks.

Also, how about the Unimog Adventure. Anyone do that? What exactly is it and what do you do? It's states that you must be in pretty good physical condition, do you hike? Any responses to this question is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

not only are they outhouse style - it is pitch BLACK when you shut the door (obviously there is no power to them!) Perhaps you could bring a mini flashlight in your pocket?? - just a thought!

Las caleta has restroom facilities. They are "outhouse" style however

Actually, Las Caletas has a mix of restroom facilities. The various buildings have regular indoor fixtures. Lighting is mostly by candle. A small penlight flashlight is helpful in the evening.

Caletas is a good day activity for kids but not at night. Lighting at night is at a "romantic" level and open toed shoes can be a tripping hazard as you navigate over and around tree roots. The overall atmosphere, the meal and after dinner show make this a great activity for couples.

We were on the Pride and did the Unimog Adventure a year ago Feb. My son and wife had done it a week or two earlier and recommended it. Vahartta Adventurers takes you over to their office in the hotel zone where they get everyone organized and assigned to truck. These are big yellow mercedes 4x4 army type trucks with bench seats and a strap for hanging on. They take you out of town thru several small towns and you can see real mexican life. We stopped in San Jose de-----and used restrooms and walked around town square, saw the church, and a small tortilla factory, where we sampled and then headed on down the road. We went thru several working cattle ranches and dry river beds and eventually got to a rainforest where we took a narrated short walk. Back to truck where drinks were waiting, we headed thru more ranches to SF Beach. The tour guides from about 15 trucks who had all taken different tours, were cooking and serving bbq lunch on beach. We had open bar here and all had a good time. you could just sit around and eat/drink or walk around beach. After a couple of hours there, we headed back to ship with everyone in good spirits. All on our truck of a wide age span seemed to have good time.

Archived