Nachi Cocum drink question, and other questions too :-)

DebbieNIU

Last time I booked a beach excursion we ended up at this beach in Costa Maya that had all you could drink and I got so SICK because I was drinking frozen drinks that I think were made with local ice (ice made from the water you shouldn't drink).

Anyone ever have trouble with any of the frozen drinks at Cocum?

Also, what drinks are available there?

I see they don't charge for my 3YO, will I be able to get him water during the day (I'm guessing he can just share our food)?

When we were there last year, I had many a frozen drink (I stuck with Margaritas, Pina Coladas, Daquiris & Miami Vice) and had no trouble with my tummy. I think you'll be fine.

I have no idea about your 3-yo, as we don't have kids, but they were more than happy to bring us water all day, so I'm guessing they'll bring it for you.

We've had margaritas, and their fresh guacamole and salsa, as well as cooked food and haven't had any problems. We've been there 3 times over the past 4 years, with a 4th trip planned next month. The only problem we had is when I relaxed too long on one of the float mats in the water and ended up not feeling well - very lightheaded and dizzy - probably mild sun stroke - all my fault. :o It was just sooo relaxing and I lost track of time. Just be very careful with your 3 yr old - the sun can be intense and the effects can sneak up on you.

Last time I booked a beach excursion we ended up at this beach in Costa Maya that had all you could drink and I got so SICK because I was drinking frozen drinks that I think were made with local ice (ice made from the water you shouldn't drink).

Anyone ever have trouble with any of the frozen drinks at Cocum?

Also, what drinks are available there?

I see they don't charge for my 3YO, will I be able to get him water during the day (I'm guessing he can just share our food)?

What beach were you at in Costa Maya? I am going there and would like to avoid stomach issues!

Archived