Sneaking booze on on board

Kjsnbrd

I don't understand why people are so cheap. If you can't afford to buy your drinks onboard, then maybe a vacation out of the trunk of your car and cooler are where you should go.

It's not that I can't afford it, but like the other posters said, it is nice to be able to have a few while relaxing in your room. I could have chosen a condo or hotel room on the beach instead of taking a cruise where I could have brought in all the food and beverages that I wanted. There, I would have a couple drinks before going to the bars, having more drinks, and dancing myself silly. To me, it is silly that a cruise ship wont allow you to bring a limited amount to enjoy in your room, or like someone else said, sell it at a reasonable price by the bottle. Then people wouldn't have to smuggle it, and Carnival would still get their cut.

I still like to save money where I can, so I can vacation more often! My bar tab will probably still end up being comparable

It's not that I can't afford it, but like the other posters said, it is nice to be able to have a few while relaxing in your room. I could have chosen a condo or hotel room on the beach instead of taking a cruise where I could have brought in all the food and beverages that I wanted. There, I would have a couple drinks before going to the bars, having more drinks, and dancing myself silly. To me, it is silly that a cruise ship wont allow you to bring a limited amount to enjoy in your room, or like someone else said, sell it at a reasonable price by the bottle. Then people wouldn't have to smuggle it, and Carnival would still get their cut.

I still like to save money where I can, so I can vacation more often! My bar tab will probably still end up being comparable

My thoughts exactly Jayne. I brought a couple bottles on my last cruise and ended up leaving most of it in the room for the steward. It's just a pain to walk a half a mile to get a drink and then bring it all the way back to your room! Carnival knows what's going on and I'm sure the policy is to discourage people from bringing a whole liquer store on board. I still had a pretty hefty bar tab from all those drinks by the pool!

What type containers are the buckets of beer served in? In particular-Miller Light, Budweiser and Bud Light.

We want to "supplement" what we purchase on board with some of our own carried on. We'd like to blend in when we refill the buckets.

What type containers are the buckets of beer served in? In particular-Miller Light, Budweiser and Bud Light.

We want to "supplement" what we purchase on board with some of our own carried on. We'd like to blend in when we refill the buckets.

I saw the Miller Lites being served in plastic bottles. I like Corona, and it was served in plastic glasses in a bucket.

Ok, I'm bringing a couple of 5ths on board. Is there anyway to drink this outside of the cabin? Do they let you walk around with mugs, styrofoam or plastic cups? What do you put the drinks from the fountain in? Can you get away with keeping whatever that is and switching them out?

By the way, what kind of fountain drinks are there? Lemonaide, tea, ??

As long as you don't show the actual liquor bottle, you're okay.

Get som big plastic cups from the Lido and mix away. OJ, Lemonade, ice tea are always there.

I always take a litre of Crown and a litre of Malibu--also, a case of beer and diet coke in a second suitcase.;)

Thanks! So, I don't have to bring the OJ, just the malibu and slow gin. Do you just bring the liters in what it come in or swap it into something else? Someone was saying something about no metal on the bottles. Seems like most people are putting it in water bottles and such.

Just to lessen the chance of breakage if you were flying. Plastic liquor bottles are a plus, but things like Crown and Malibu don't come in plastic.

People were getting everything on in their carryons on our 3-27 Adventure cruise, even though the little paper they give you warns against it.

Yes, they scan your luggage on the ship, but the liquor has never been questioned.;)

Just to lessen the chance of breakage if you were flying. Plastic liquor bottles are a plus, but things like Crown and Malibu don't come in plastic.

People were getting everything on in their carryons on our 3-27 Adventure cruise, even though the little paper they give you warns against it.

Yes, they scan your luggage on the ship, but the liquor has never been questioned.;)

While you won't find the top shelf stuff, it's amazing what you can find in plastic bottles, if you know where to look.

the only thing I smuggle in is Kaluha in a plastic waterbottle. I like to mix it with my ice cream and make a kaluha shake in the afternoon. I also put some in my coffee at night when we sit out on our balcony before bed.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI.... You can buy a bottle of booze on Princess and they will deliver to your room.

Hi,

Did you know that on the Disney ships you can bring on anything you want. We rolled a cooler full of beer for the men and Gin for ladies.Pop for the kids. They open it and don't say a word. We even see a guy roll on two cases of beer. Not one word was said. I was a nervous wreck.

I just think it's funny that the Family cruise Disney has know problem with this but most of the other Cruise lines are checking for everything.

I wonder what old Walt would think of this!!

Carla

• 2 weeks later...
in sexyninas post about the same subject, someone mentions that Carnival is now searching through check on luggage for "contraband" per a memo that was sent to a PVP

anyone heard of this ???

Haven't heard of this, and had no problems of this sort on Conquest 4/17.

Everywhere Conquest has infomation on checked luggage, they specifically say that it is okay, even encouraged, to lock your bags. They run them through an X-ray and pass them by the drug-sniffing dogs, but do not open them.

If there appears to be a problem, I suppose they will call you down to open your bag, or in the case of an extreme issue, take the bag down to the end of the pier and blow it up.

Just a quick question when bringing beer on board what is the best to take cans or bottles?? Also i have a cat11 suite on the Victory was curious if the fridge will fit beers in there??? Sorry that was a quick 2 questions.

Thanks.

the only thing I smuggle in is Kaluha in a plastic waterbottle. I like to mix it with my ice cream and make a kaluha shake in the afternoon. I also put some in my coffee at night when we sit out on our balcony before bed.

I am wondering about the kaluha, since its a dark color and clearly doesn't look like water how did you sneak it on. I want to sneak it on as well and I don't know if I should put it in a clear water bottle or try to get a bottle of something of the same color. Also, I noticed a few people saying different things about were to put your alcohol when you board the ship, should I put it in a carry-on or should I get it checked in. I am worried that they will scan it and open my bag and take it away. Please help, I am going on the Victory in September. Thanks.

I want to sneak it on as well and I don't know if I should put it in a clear water bottle or try to get a bottle of something of the same color.

Isnt that part of the Michael Jackson trial where he wanted a alcohol in a coke can.

Archived