Fuel supplement

punkybett

Is Cunard currently charging a fuel supplement?

Yes.

Quoted from http://www.cunard.com/About-Cunard-Line/Fuel-Supplement/

Cunard is currently assessing a fuel supplement of $9.00 per person, per day (up to a maximum of $300 per person). This supplement applies to new bookings made on or after 28 February 2011 for voyages departing on or after 14 April 2011.

The supplement applies to each paying guest travelling, including 3rd and 4th person fares and paid children's accommodations.

This fuel supplement amount is subject to change even after a booking is paid in full.

Updated: February 2011

P.S. Not all CCL ships apply a fuel surcharge. Discuss?

My invoice for Feb 2012 shows a fuel supplement. I do understand that the pice of fuel is volatile and cannot be calculated a year or so in advance.

The charges that annoy me are, port charges, Govnt fees. and that vexious" Solo Occupancy" charge etc. You look at the price in the brochure, or in the advertisment, and think you can do that. only to find when you try to book that the price can almost double.

TA for instance, $$$$ p.p but if you are solo your invoice price will be $$$$ plus another 75-100% , plus as much as another $1700 for port charges, (even though there are no ports visits ) plus another $250 for Gvnt Fees, plus the fuel supplemement. so the final figure can be twice or even more than the advertised price. Adding Ins is voluntary of course.

Once on board, there is is the $11 per person per day fee for" services", on my recent trip this added $154 to my on board spending before I even bought a cup of tea at Sir Samuels.

I do find this method of pricing very annoying. I wish I could look at a "price" and know it will include all compulsory charges. If I then decide to spend a night at a hotel, buy wine, etc . I can be a miser, or I can "throw the cat another goldfish" .

It is Cunard hiding fees and then putting their hand into my pocket that I dislike.

Archived