Sitting Areas-QM2

ciaobella

One of my hobbies is tying fishng flies for use on those "non cruising" vacations. Are there public sitting areas, out of the wind, where a table and comfortable chairs are avalable for this type of pasttime? Electric outlets nearby for small light?

Thanks!

There are two passage ways running from the Royal Court Theater to Illuminations that have places to sit that are out of the way. One side is set up for game playing. Not sure if there are outlets for your lights. But I'm sure the game tables are large enough to spread out. Also the Atlantic Room on Deck 11 is a quiet spot, you can probably use.

One of the nicest things that I found about the QM2 is those nice sitting areas that can be found throughout the ship.

The areas that J.P. described running along the Royal Court Theatre are such places. There are large plate glass windows to view the ocean, and hopefully let in plenty of sunshine. People will of course be strolling along, but it was never an area where large numbers congregate and make much noise. Also the Atlantic Room under the bridge, as J.P. said would be nice too.

I think that the Library would be ideal, along with any one of the numerous lounges that might not be open for service at a given time. During off hours the Commodore Lounge is a nice place to sit and read or just watch the ocean. Like J.P., I can't tell you about electric outlets that would be accessable or if they would be compatable with American gadgetry!

If there are electrial outlets you better have an AC?DC converter just incase the outlets are European (DC).

Yes, there are plenty of areas to sit and enjoy your hobby.

Fantastic ship. You will enjoy just walking around looking at all the beauty of the ship.

If there are electrial outlets you better have an AC?DC converter just incase the outlets are European (DC).

bfoot34, European electricity is AC, as is the US, the difference is in the voltage - US 110, Europe 220/240 (UK) - either way, plug a 110 volt appliance into a 220 volt socket and watch it fry!

Peter

Archived