Living History - Mayan Traditions and Island Tour - CZN9

CavyCat4

I can't opine on the RCL tour, but the description sounds like they take you to the small ruins at El Cedral and then drive you around the island. No stops at the larger ruins of San Gervasio on the transversal road betwen San Miguel and the east side, no stops at Discover Mexico with its replicas of Mexican history and architecture, no stops at beache sor bars/restos on the East side either.

I'm on the phone with Royal Carb excursion rep now...she says it's a pretty new tour and she "thinks" you get off the bus, but doesn't have any more detailed info about it other than what's posted....she's put me on hold so she can see if she can find out.

Okay...she's back...you do get off the motorcoach and have a little walking tour around the Mayan village (about an hour), but the rest of the time for the tour around the island is on the bus (about two hours).

I really don't want to be sitting on a bus for most of the 3 hours...not much exploring then...I'll be going on it solo too.

I'm not a water/beach person (snorkelling, swimming) and I'm seeing the ruins in Belize, so I was looking for something a little different to do in Cozumel.

Maybe a little more searching on tours is in order for me...

Archived