Shuttle bus from Daytona to Port of Miami?

horse1

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was some kind of shuttle that could be taken from Daytona Beach area to the Port of Miami. I am looking to book a cruise out of Miami and I don't really want to drive (I have done this 4 times already and my husband doesn't want to to it again).

If anyone has any other suggestions that would be good too. Thanks for any of your information.

I have no idea how reliable they are, but this is a shuttle service

http://www.connect2cruise.com/rates.php

I have used this several times but not recently. It was always fine going down, but delayed on the return. They make a few stops each way, not many.

It use to be free, not any more. (when combined with a specific cruise.)

You have to meet it at the Mac Donald's at 6 a.m. on 1 92. We drove, left the car there and a few hours later a friend had her hus. drive her out to pick up the car. Same on the return, someone has to meet you at Mac Donald's with your car. This is a hassle for us, so now we don't cruise out of Miami anymore. I agree, the drive is a disaster in South Fl. there are a few cruises I would like to do out of that port, but not enough to drive there and I am not payng $180/2 people for the bus.

Ormond by the Sea,

Thanks for the replies. I really like going out of Port Canaveral, but they have some really good deals out of Miami. I really want to take an 8 day southern out of there to Aruba, or sail on the Glory again (sailed on her twice). I guess I am just going to have to convince my husband to drive and park there because that is the cheapest choice at this time.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am also thinking of renting a car one way, taking the shuttle to the port then renting one on the way back. But, unfortunatly you can't avoid the 4+ hour drive (ahhhhhh!! I hate the drive). Oh well, its worth it for the larger choice of ships and itineraries.

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was some kind of shuttle that could be taken from Daytona Beach area to the Port of Miami. I am looking to book a cruise out of Miami and I don't really want to drive (I have done this 4 times already and my husband doesn't want to to it again).

If anyone has any other suggestions that would be good too. Thanks for any of your information.

I take it you live in the Daytona Beach area? If this is the case I do not see how you could avoid driving wether it be on a shuttle or on Greyhound/Trailways bus service. Amtrak runs from Orlando to Miami but then you would still need to shuttle from the train station to the port. You could drive to the Orlando airport and get a flight to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale but of course that would be expensive and you would also need a shuttle from the airport. If you live outside of Florida fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by Eng23

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Does anyone know what the best and least expensive means of transportation is from the Port of Miami to Daytona (Emebry Riddle University)?

Also, what the the best and least expensive means of transportation from Daytona (Emebry Riddle University) to Orlando?

This person cannot drive. Please help me out.

Thanks for all of your input.:)

Pam

Edited by PamS1

Hi,

Does anyone know what the best and least expensive means of transportation is from the Port of Miami to Daytona (Emebry Riddle University)? Preferrably a bus or shuttle service, however, any means of transportation will work.

The person cannot drive. Thanks for your assistance.

Pam

• 1 year later...

One other inexpensive option I've found for transportation out of the Miami area has been to make reservations ahead of time through Megabus. They have one-way fares starting at $1.

I don't live far from Ormond -- in Palm Coast. Although Megabus doesn't have service from Miami to their Jacksonville location, we were able to book $5 fares from Miami to Orlando. It was SO MUCH easier to drive from my area to Orlando when picking up our son & his wife from their honeymoon!

It would've taken us about 5 hours EACH WAY to drive to Miami to get them (and the cost of gas, car wear & tear, road weariness after 10 hours, etc.) but instead spent less than 3 hours for the round trip to Orlando & back. Oh, and did I mention it was only $10 for both of them?!

Also, the Megabus terminal in Miami is at the airport, so there are plenty of shuttles from the Port to MIA - not a problem. :)

It might not have been the perfect solution of a local drop-off, but it was a far better solution than the full drive. Just something else to consider...

Megabus.com.